The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
the product picture can not be shown
Post the product picture can not be shown 
one day, the all procducts picture can not be shown any more.
I checked the path, the all pictures are over there,
why ?

do I have to check any source files ?

Post RE: the product picture can not be shown 
hell-o
are you saying that the pics worked then one day they stopped working and you made no edits to any code or config?
are you on ipower?
sounds like a server problem. email them to see what they've done lately.
too, how about a link to your store, please.
regards,
dan

How nice U R :D !

I did changed some screen, but I did not change any path of the image in the source code.

My store addr. is - http://store.myidea.com.tw

I changed some words to Chinese characters, I don't think U can identify them; but U can click the "Perl" or "Html", and then U will see the disappeared-pictures frame.

I checked my host report, there is no any error message of any web pages.

hell-o
not much time right now, sorry. so, have to be quick.
firstly, because you're not in the cgi-bin you don't need to use picserve. you can use the server path to your images.
secondly, by editing code you apparently have broke a sub routine. if it's isolated to picserve and you stop using picserve then there should be no problem. however, whitout know what and where in the code there is a problem i can't tell whether there will be futher problems with other areas of cart function. so i would go back and undo what you did (keeping notes) until the images come up and post the prob here in the forum. maybe someone can advise how to edit the code with what you need without breaking the cart.
let me know what you find out.
have a great day!
dan

Post how to move it back to cgi-bin 
how to move it back to the cgi-bin ?

if I move the all files and folders to under the cgi-bin, is it work ?
what is the exactly path ? www.mydomainname.com/store/cgi-bin ?
thanks all of your help !

Post RE: how to move it back to cgi-bin 
hell-o
no need to move the cart. it wont do any good.
i was mistaken in my assessment. i think what's happening is the characters you placed in the productpage broke picserve.
try this. backup the productpage you now have then upload the original copy of the productPage.inc and see if the images display. if they do not then back up your header and footer and upload the original header and footer.
if the images display after returning to the original files then it is clearly the chinese characters causing the problem.
how you would add what you need to these files without breaking picserve i wouldn't have any idea :-(
sorry i couldn't be more help. maybe someone can help that has experianced translation before.
good luck.
regards,
dan
just had a thought... don't laugh!
you can use images for links and for the view cart and checkout using chinese characters as the text on the buttons and use english to run the code. along the same theory you can also make text images with the same background color as the productpage for product descriptions and call them from a userfield. this may help to eleminate some of the vulnerabilities without major code adaptation. most of the text displays can be adapted using this method.
it isn't pretty but it will work with a little forethought. for the description images just decide the height and width you need for a nice layout and place the descriptions in the image with your favorite image editing program.
good luck

Dear Dan,

Thanks your suggestion - upload the orginal file and try again. I did it and it works ! :D

I don't know why, because of I did do nothing about the picseve.cgi; the only I did was I added a letter x at line 48 after a variable $my_path_to_image, I just wanted to try what was the happen for the path.

Anyway, thanks again - appreciate.

more, is there any way I can learn about the functions of each file about the AgoraCart ?

hell-o
excellent! your headers and footers and ppinc work with chinese characters. very good news!
my concern was the characters were being interpreted as code and the program broke as a result.
from here what i would do is change little by little all the text displayed to the client that you want displayed in chinese. by making small changes and checking function you can determine what is causing problems if and when they arise.
once all the client viewable text is as you want it in terms of language run through all functions of the cart including test purchases. check everything.
if you do not encounter any problems then you can make necessary adaptations in regards to paths, code and any other changes as required. the thing is, now it appears you have a fully functioning cart so stay on the translation aspect until complete then do other stuff one thing at a time.
try to refrain from making changes just to see what happens, lol.
i know of no resource that explains each file's function. many files do many different things that are unrelated to one particular function. probably the best way to approach it would be to determine the function then do a search in the code for the function. then browse the related files that refer to the function. study the related code and list the elements that influence the routine and search their properties.
i realize there are a lot of generalizations here. unfortunately i have no way to duplicate what you're trying to do so specifics is impossible.
good luck!
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1