The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
production options feature
Post production options feature 
I need sum advice please.

I have been asked to do a website for a furniture retailer and the products they sell the most are beds. Now all the beds come in sizes: 2'6", 4", 4'6", 5" and 6" but the thing is that not all beds come in all the sizes.....sum may come in 2'6" and 5" for example.

So, Instead of creating loads of options for ever single possible option match for all the sizes.... is it posibble to create an option when you add a product, sort of like a checkbox for the available sizes and put in the prices for thoses sizes as well (since not all the 2'6" beds are not going to be the same price Smile )

Why not just set up the different styles of beds with the options that are available with that style???...
I suppose that I may not be quite following exactly what you are saying....

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

basically when u add a product/item to the shop. i was the admin to be able to select the sizes of the product comes under. so, lets say these are the options available:

2'6"
4"
4'6"
5"
6"

and the product that the admin is inputting comes in these options:

2'6"
5"

and the prices of them are also different.

So when the customer comes to buy this product, he can choose which size he wants.

I would use the options already availalbe in the shop, but ever bed coems in different sizes and costs differently....so ill end up making an option .html page for every single bed...and there are 100s of em Sad

Any advice would help. Thankyou.

Hope that made sense as it didnt for me lol.

Are talking about your client adding products to the manager or the customer making a selection in the store?

Find out which products come in what sizes. Try to find a pattern and create option files for those size combinations...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
basically when the client adds the products in.

Thanks anyways, ill see what i can do.

i'm sure some agorascript can be written to fill in values based on usefield inputs but that is going to be a major undertaking. any way you slice it the data has to be entered someplace. if all beds had a base proce and all beds were valued by an incremental cost exactly the same then you could do an eval for the option. but i'm sure that's not the case. so to automate this would be kinda insane as variables change from product to product.

your best bet is to start with a product with the most options and customize for price, sizes and anything else in the option file. name the option file to the product name. now use that as the option template removing options that don't apply for the next product, adding options as necessary and adjusting option numbers and prices for that particuler product. save the option to that product name and so on.

some stores and their products allow for scripting to make things easier for some aspects. some stores don't. some stores are fairly easy to set up navigation and some are insane to try to wrap your brain around navigation, for example. point being building an ecommerce store is a lot of work. somethimes you just have to resign yourself to the fact that "this is going to be tedious" or "this is impossible to do automated". so, roll up your sleeves and start hammering away, i'm afraid there is no other way and i'm sure no other shoppingcart solution has any better way.

good luck!
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1