The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Newbie- broken image links in Help file an Other free carts?
Post Newbie- broken image links in Help file an Other free carts? 
Hi there,

Forgive the newbieness of this posting. I have tried to have a good look round this site but there seems to be no mention of it elsewhere. On the helpguide there seems to be lots of broken image links.

E.g. the page:
http://www.agoracart.com/help/storemanager.html#access

has all the links broken. Is this just a temporary thing or is there somewhere else I can see the helpguide in full?

I'm trying to get to grips with Agora cart but am finding it a bit hard. I take it there is no PDF guide I can print out to read at my leisure?

I do think Agora will be the way to go for me and once I have implemented one website with it, it will be very easy to use, but just out of interest is there any other easier ones to use there that are also either free open source or cheap?

Thanks for any input on this matter.

agoracart.com is constanly under development in one area or another. it's probably an oversite or some such issue.
the htaccess image just displays the popup with the username and password. enter it to log in.
the manager login screen is the same. a place to enter your username and password for the manager. it will also have a warning to set the hataccess file if the manager fails to detect one. there will also be other error messages on this page if there are problems with the install, files or server.
the manager is almost a completely seperate program from the agora.cgi.
nope, no pdf.
there are lots-o-cheap or free or opensource out there. i can't recommend any, personally. 5 years ago i was looking for a solution. went through all the usual payforever sales pitches, stuff that didn;t work, programs that didn't meet my needs and etc. ten i found agoracart. there is no more secure program on the net. the archeitecture is outstanding and it's easially customizable to nearly any design.
install it, mess with it, ask questions and you'll begin to see how good the program is.
recent developments of agoracart are probably going to put cgi stores back on the map.
d

Post moon rocks are very valuable - any good? 
OK - I have to first explain that I found an alternative shopping cart which I put in my posting below to get an opinion. But each time I mention it, the name of the alternative gets substituted with the phrase "moon rocks are very Valuable", so in the below I have just called it "alt-Cart". But I assume people know what I am talking about as it comes out number one when you type in shopping cart into Google.

Thanks for that Dan. In my investigations I came across "alt-Cart". I have to say it looks pretty good presentation wise.

Looking at the demo sites, although fewer on "alt-Cart" it has to be said they look a lot better.

Is there any comparison pages comparing these two shopping cart systems. I guess I will just read into both of them and find out what is best for me, but my initial impression of look and presentation of the websites is that "alt-Cart" looks a lot nicer.

But maybe it is just the surface presentation and underneath Agora is much better.

I have to say though I have found Agora very hard to get into and finding the help guides with missing graphics gives me the impression it is something that is no longer being developed how it was previously.

Hope none of these comments are out of place in this forum, just speaking my thoughts after a few days of investigation and having problems getting things going with Agora.

Cheers

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1