The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Help: Manger.cgi keep asking me to enter username password
Post Help: Manger.cgi keep asking me to enter username password 
I am a newbie & installation was done through cpanel.

Can access the store manager. However, after i logged in, at the bottom, there is an error mssg "Looks like cookies are not working for the manager ......" Clicking on any menu above like "Program Settings" will bounce me back to the log in page again, asking me to enter username & password. After that it goes back to the Store Manager main page with the same error below.

I have set my IE to accept all cookies, and my URL is http://www.mydomain.com/store/protected/manager.cgi

Some times (once in a blue moon) i can see the "Main AgoraCart Store Settings" button, but when i click on this button, it goes back to the log in page again, and ask me for the username & password.

What can be the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you have a firewall/internet security that you need to give permissions to??\

Have you been able set up any of the URLs in the manager -> Program Settings -> Main AgoraCart Store Settings?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

It is intermitten. Out of 5 tries (clicking on the button or selection), I may be able to go to the next page, but after that, clicking on any selection will bring me back to the page asking for user name & password.

I have managed to change the URLs in the manager by repeating the steps until I can get it & the prompt shows setting is saved.

I have even disabled using of cookies for the store manager.

Anything to do with the caching of pages at my ISP side, or do I need to delete cookies? The same thing happens to both the PCs I tried (on the same broadband connection).

Thanks for any help.

When accessing the manager are you making sure to have the www. before your domain in the URL?
What is the URL to your store?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post I am having the same problem 
I can't get any further than the main page... everything i click on just brings me back to the same page and keeps asking for my log-in... I'm going nuts!

download in ascii the agora_user_lib.pl file. make a copy. open in notepad and check the urls. make sure you don't have any leading spaces in any urls or paths. specifically this line:
$sc_store_url = "http://www.store.com/store/agora.cgi";
and this line:
$sc_domain_name_for_cookie = "www.store.com";

bad urls may look something like this:
$sc_store_url = "http://www.store.com/store/agora.cgi ";
$sc_store_url = " http://www.store.com/store/agora.cgi";
note the lead and trailing blank spaces.
if you can't find the urls for these lines...if they look like this:
$sc_store_url = "";
$sc_domain_name_for_cookie = "";
then you never saved your main agoracart store settings page. even though your store url is displaying on the main agoracart store settings page the agora_user_lib.pl file has not been written to and updated with the store url.

if you find an error then correct it manually. ftp your admin_files folder and rename the agora_user_lib.pl file on the server to
agora_user_lib.p_
then upload the updated file in ascii. try access to the manager again.

whenever you submit changes then get the login screen the changes you just submitted were not recorded.

in addition ftp your store and navigate to the proteced folder. chmod the manager.cgi to 755. chmod the protected folder to 755.
d

I have the same problem but I can never gain access to my store manager. I thought at first I had forgotten my user name and password but after looking around I found acart\protected\misc\mgr_pass.pl and it has the same user name and password I am using. I have tried minimum internet security, disabling firewall, checking permissions on files and directories. Still can't get in to make changes. Is there a way to reset the login?

I forgot to mention that I suffered a website crash a few weeks back and many files including my acart directories were missing. The site was completely restored and it is functional in all aspects except accessing the store manager. I have gone through my manager.cgi and the domains don't contain any wierd characters and they have the required 2 periods. I use IE6.0 with default medium security (under privacy) to allow cookies.

1. The pop-up window

2. I get past the pop-up, but can't log into the manager

If you can't get past the pop-up, go into the server and delete the .htaccess file in the 'protected' directory.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1