The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
My AgoraCart is outa whack, in a bad way!!!
Post My AgoraCart is outa whack, in a bad way!!! 
Months ago I was trying to change the sale price for one of the t-shirts I have listed in my AgoraCart store.
I was able to log in just fine at; http://www.billyoyster.com/store1/protected/manager.cgi

But when I changed the price under the Product Edit in the Store Manager, the attempt always failed. After I click the Submit Edit button, it says the Page cannot be found or it kicks me back out to log in again. I get the same result when I try to do anything in the Store Manager.
When I talked with my websites host, Coast Internet Solutions, they mention the manager.cgi file and others may be corrupted and some of the codings are missing and "action" also not performing.
They suggest backing the site up. Unfortunately, I don’t have one:(
Coast Solutions only has a back up that is resent. But I’d need an earlier back up from January. Probably even before then. That was the time when I was trying to change prices and encountered the Store Manager problem. I further noticed the cart is not working correctly and wasn’t e-mailing me when orders were taken.

Isn’t it possible to replace the corrupted files without backing up the whole entire web site?
I’ve tried starting over by building a new store, but have the same log in problems. I had given up until this weekend, and now I’m unable to log into the store1 at all.

This really stinks too. Even with my limited ability, I had managed to build a working shopping cart and now I can’t manage or repair it.
The web server guys at Coast Solutions hasn’t been any help.
Can anyone here look at the cart and help me?
Thank, Billy

Make sure that all of the .cgi files have permissions set to 755.
Also, you can download a fresh cart from:
http://www.agoracart.com/download.htm

After downloading, unzip it with Winzip to your local computer. That way, you will always have original, uncorrupted files.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I’m getting off the computer right now, but will be back to read all post and attempt to fix.
Thanks, Billy

never ever post your username and password to any program or proctected access area publicly. Shocked
you need to delete your old store/protected/.htaccess file and create another with a new user/pass ASAP!
when i get past the pop up i get no manager screen. this is usually file permissions. on many servers if you set any file or folder permission to 777 the server will prevent the file from executing. 755 should be suffcient for most servers.
the server may have been updated and some allowences omitted or prevented. so if it was working fine then all of a sudden doesn't work anymore the chances are you either got hacked, the server settings have changed or you're out of disk space.

your hosting support is blowing smoke. agoracart files don't get corrupted on their own.
if a fresh install wont work then hammer them to get the fresh install to work. once that's done then you can attempt to fix your current store.

if you pm me i can take a look and do some testing to see where the problems most likely are.
d

Post Still here 
Just an update on my progress.
I got busy this week, but have attempted to solve my problem.
Right now when I run the page, http://www.billyoyster.com/cgi-bin/installtgz.cgi, it says “Sorry, the agoracgi.tgz file was not found!” I do have the files set to 755.
I didn’t see the agoracgi.tgz file in anything I downloaded, so for the heck of it I renamed the agoracgi.tar file to agoracgi.tgz.
That kinda worked, as I ran the page again, it installed a store folder inside my cgi-bin folder. But I know that’s not what I want. I think I have to Put the correct path to perl on line 1 of the installtgz.cgi file Question
Thanks for the help and the tip about posting my username and password for public view. But the cart is so screwed up, I figured at this point, it couldn’t get worse.
I’m gonna turn in for the night and get a fresh start tomorrow.
It looks like I may end up taking the offer of further help from Dan or Bonnie. Keep your eyes open guys Shocked
Cheers

To install the store, you need 2 files: installtgz.cgi & agoracgi.tgz
Both of these should be available through the download link on the left.
If the agoracgi.tgz file downloads as agoracgi.tar, then you will need to download an alternate.
You can get an alternate download at:
http://www.scottcrewwebservices/agora/AgoraCart4k4bTGZ.zip
It is a zip file which contains both files mentioned above.
Unzip the file on your local computer. Then, upload to the server:
installtgz.cgi in ASCII mode permissions set to 755
agoracgi.tgz in BINARY mode permissions set to 755

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I uploaded them into the base directory, not the cgi-bin.
It seems to be alright since the store opens up fine and all looks good.
Next task is to start modifying the store with my products. Right?
But when I go to the access the store manager, via the protected/manager.cgi link, it wants my username and password. How do I set my login info?
The install guide says if you haven’t performed the .htaccess function yet, do so. I submit the info once, nothing happens. Entered it again, nothing. So I did it a 3d time and still got nothing.
What should I do next? And em I on the right path?
Thanks you, Ken

The .htaccess is the pop-up window, not the actual manager login page.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
forget htaccess for now. just log in and see if all manager functions work. if there are problems then you can't add and or edit products and the main agoracart store settings will not function properly. make sure you can set up your store and gateway urls and you can add an edit products. if it works then what parobably happened to your old store is it was restored from a server backup by sysop and something got messed up. in that case you can eother transport your old customized files from the old store to the new then tweak it a little then change the store folder names. or, you can try to fix your old store which maybe more hit and miss work than it's worth.
you can try ftping your store error log in your old store to see what the store has been reporting for hints.
d

Dan, do you mean just into the manager page and see if it’s working correctly. Because that’s what I’m trying to do. How do I set my login username and password? It wont let me in first, to then start setting the store up.
Ken

i logged into your new store and set up the emails and urls (not ssl). i also changed the price on one default store product. the database was updated.
i did a test purchase and got the customer's email and the order log was written. check your sales email inbox for the test order.

manager
admin
click on the "htaccess protect the /protected directory where this program is running " at the top then set your username and password. the next time you attempt to access your store manager you will see an htaccess popup. use the username and password for that popup access window.

to change the manager's login screen username and password log into the manager and click "program settings" then click "password settings". change the username and password.

you may want to brand your store's name with your website's name. rename the "store" folder to something like billyoyster-store or just billyoyster then go in the manager and change the urls to the correct store name.

it looks like the new store is working. copy your old store1/data_files/data.file to your new store. overwrite the new store's data.file with your old one. now go to the agora.cgi url and check the product listings.

d

This is a BIG help.
I logged on tonight, just to change the password.
I’ll start putting the store together tomorrow.
Ken

Post update 
Just an update on my outa whack AgoraCart.
Thanks to you Bonnie and especially you Dan, I’ve got the cart working again!!!
Just a few minor tweaks left to take care of.
You may hear from me again if I get stuck.
Thanks again, Ken

no prob. that's what we're here for. gottanother prob just holler.
what you may want to do is to make weekly backups of your site. you can delete old ones or download just incase. if you download (recommened) download via ftp in binary then burn to cd ASAP. do not try to open and do not rename! once burned to cd the archive will be protected. you can now copy to your hdd and open up and extract individual files. be sure to delete off your server to save space and always maintain enough free space on your domain to upload a backup for restoration purposes.
if you need to restore a backup copy to your hdd from the cd without trying to open or rename then ftp in binary...usually to your root directory. not the public root. then use the cpanel program to restore your website.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1