The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Help!!! Can't see store header in Netscape
Post Help!!! Can't see store header in Netscape 
I modified my store header inc file and it looks fine with IE but when viewing with Netscape, it won't show the header. Can someone help?

Thanks

Post RE: Help!!! Can't see store header in Netscape 
hell-o
it's probably a table problem. are you sure you edited the store footer properly?
need a link to see the prob. thanks.
regards,
dan

I didn't edit the footer file but I uploaded the store header file again and now the header is showing up in Netscape but the pictures in the footer file are now showing up above the header file. These pictures are actually located at the bottom of the store footer file. The rest of the footer file is where it should be. Like I said before, it looks normal in Internet Explorer just isn't right when viewing in Netscape. I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with my browser settings in Netscape as I seldom use it, I just wanted to take a look at what it looked like in Netsc out of curiosity and now I'm glad I did. I edited using the HTML kit and uploaded these files in ASCII format per the postings I've seen on this board. I would appreciate any help or advice I can get. I'm new to the shopping cart world and everything I know about it, I've learned on this board.

I will give you the URL to view but be advised, this site is still under heavy construction. It was given to me pretty much in the current condition and I've been working diligently to bring it up to speed but it has a long way to go.

http://www.motorcycledreamshop.com/shop/agora.cgi?product=maxxisstreet

Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated.

Curt

Post RE: Help!!! Can't see store header in Netscape 
hell-o
yep. definately a table problem.

your design layout is very simplistic so you should have no problems with page display. for your store_header.inc use this

<!--BEGIN HEADER-->
<div align="center">
<table width="670">
<tr>
<td valign=top align=center width="670">
<table width="670">
<tr>

YOUR STUFF GOES HERE</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<!--END HEADER-->

for your store_footer.inc use this:

<!--BEGIN FOOTER-->
</td>
</tr>
<tr>

YOUR STUFF GOES HERE</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<!--END FOOTER-->

this is the absolute least i would use for a header and footer. when you replace "your stuff goes here" with what you want be sure to maintain proper table structure if including tables with your stuff.

whatever editor you're using that adds this "<!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan -->" then either don't use it or edit out coments and added junk the editor adds.

regards,
dan

Thanks a bunch Dan!! Reworked it a bit and seems to be ok. Get this, after making adjustments, once again in IE, everything shows up normal. Now, when I try to view the page with Netscape, I get a big blank screen. Obviously something is amiss within that browser. I seem to view other pages ok, but anything involving my agora.cgi pages is a blank in Netscape. I called the owner of the store who happens to use Netscape pretty much exclusively and he said he was viewing it with no problems. So much for the 2 hours of sleep I lost last night trying to figure it out.

Anyway, I'm not wasting a lot of time making this thing real fancy right now as I'm awaiting Mr. Ed to do an upgrade of my store files. Speaking of, has anybody seen or heard from him lately? I signed up for an upgrade of store files a few days ago as I don't feel confident enough to do it myself at this point and I haven't heard anything from him as yet. I am currently running with version 4.0 which seems to be a dinosaur on these pages. But that is what I inherited here. As for the "added junk and comments" you spoke of, that was already in the store header page when I got here.... don't know why.

Anyway, thanks again for you help.

Curt

yw
mr ed has been having email probs so besure to email him again as he may have lost the notice for the upgrade.
aside from which version of I like to run around all day waving my hands inthe air and screaming: I am Perl Harbor today you're using 4.0 was in the dark ages and had issues with netscape. once you ugrade i'm sure your netscape probs will go away. providng you're not using a 4.x version or older.
regards,
dan

hahahah mr ed and his naughty language filtering. acutally i didn't cuss. i just used a not so nice name for netscape lol.
regards,
dan
sailing away

I want to come on a sailing trip!

However, Netscape is actually a better engine. IE is letting you do coding of HTML that maybe you should not do. Check tables syntax as Dan has indicated. Look for missing terminators for a table cell, a table line or a table itself. Also make sure you close your tables in proper order. Seeing a portion of the page above or to the side of the main area it should be contained within indicates:

1) data not contained within a proper table cell. this would show part of the page or images above where it should reside.

2) pre-mature table closure. This will put the content off to the side of the page or below the intended area.

HTH,

BubbaGum

Support other Agora users:
http://www.AgoraCart.com/pages/Shopping/

Become a Member - support the project!
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1