The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
scripting problem in store layout
Post scripting problem in store layout 
I have a slight Problem here I have the cart running up to the point of add to cart it seems that their is a section of code just before the thank your item is added to cart in the store layout a extra <table> that I need to get rid of I have searched though the store layout display-ext.pl I can't find that <table> call in there Any clue where else I need to work

Please post the URL to your store and which version of AgoraCart that you are using.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Url 
http://www.heidisvarieties.com/store/agora.cgi
agora 5.0
this is the only place that I seem to find any refrance to the thank you message oghter than in the manager
the store diplay pl
$thanks_info = &my_escape($in{'layout_store_productpage_thanks_mess'});
$myset .= "\$layout_store_productpage_thanks_mess = qq~$thanks_info~;\n";
$temp_page_thanks_layout2 = "<tr><td class=\"ac_add_message\">$in{'layout_store_productpage_thanks_mess'}</td></tr>";

it looks like when you edited the ppinc page, you broke the code.
I am seeing the following in your file:
Code:
<!-- PPINC 2 A -->
<!-- start of product page -->
<!--agorascript-pre
{ #Start of controller code, probably should leave this alone ;-)
local ($myans)="";
if ($rowCount == (1+$minCount)) { #first one
  $ags_row_item=0;
  $ags_tot_item=0;
  $myans .= '<table><tr><td colspan="3"><table width="100%" border="1">'."\n";

The <table> tag is not supposed to be there.
It should look like:
Code:
<!-- PPINC 2 A -->
<!--agorascript-pre
{ #Start of controller code, probably should leave this alone ;-)
local ($myans)="";
if ($rowCount == (1+$minCount)) { #first one
  $ags_row_item=0;
  $ags_tot_item=0;
  $myans .= '<tr><td colspan="3"><table width="100%" border="1">'."\n";

That single <table> tag is throwing everything off on that page.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post didn't help 
I took that out and now all of the product displays are messed up
Thanks TOm

Post ran though my editior 
I ran it though my editor and if I get the <table> in the area i am trying to it works it out

<tr><td class="ac_seach_results">
Found 27 items, showing 1 to 6. &nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href='agora.cgi?cart_id=6803493.9218*5c2U45&amp;next=6&amp;exact_match=on&amp;product=American_Spirit'>Next 6 Matches</a>
</td></tr></table>
</div>
<table><tr><td class="ac_add_message">Thank you, your selection has been added to your order.</td></tr><!-- PPINC 2 A -->

I had found the section that had <tr><td class="ac_add_message">Thank you, your selection has been added to your order.</td></tr> and added the <table> to the front but i can't get the store_layout_diplay-ext_lib.pl to run that into the code

You need to take your header and footer files and follow the instructions in the following thread:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=1310
Make sure that all of your html is correct, then divide it back out into your header & footer files.
I don't have time to take a deeper look, right now, but there is definitely something arwy in your html coding, somewhere...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post Found the spot thanks 
well i found the spot to insert the <table> in the agora_html_lib.pl under the sub product page footer
right after the </div> I appreciate all the help that was offered

you really need to look at your html in the headers and footers. Not having the html correct there will cause more headaches down the road...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I just took another look at your store and I have found html errors in your header that MUST be corrected.
In addition, you have 2 body tags, this should not be...
Viewing your source code, you have:
Code:
  <tr>

<!-- Side Bar -->

<TR>

you can't have 2 opening <tr> tags in a row...

Another problem:
Code:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" color="#ffffff" size=2>
<form METHOD="POST" ACTION="agora.cgi">
<input TYPE="hidden" NAME="cart_id" VALUE="7921497.7596*Cu8c70">
<input TYPE="text" NAME="keywords" SIZE=15 MAXLENGTH=40>
<input TYPE="hidden" NAME="ppinc" VALUE="search">
<input TYPE="hidden" NAME="exact_match" VALUE="on"><br>
<input TYPE="submit" NAME="search_request_button" VALUE=" Search "></form></font>
<br>

</td>

<td colspan="3" align=center valign=top background="images/lite_pink_bg.gif">

You have this in a table that only has 3 columns, but with this <td colspan="3"... you have now added another column to the table which causes a layout problem...

now, by changing what you did in the agora_html_lib.pl file & the productPgae.inc file, you have caused the following problem in your page:
Code:
</center><div align="center"><table class="ac_seach_results">
<tr><td class="ac_seach_results">
Found 27 items, showing 1 to 6. &nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href='agora.cgi?cart_id=7921497.7596*xJ2J14&amp;next=6&amp;exact_match=on&amp;product=American_Spirit'>Next 6 Matches</a>
</td></tr></table>
</div><table>
<tr><td class="ac_add_message">Thank you, your selection has been added to your order.</td></tr><!-- PPINC 2 A -->
<table><tr><td colspan="3"><table width="100%" border="1">

Namely, the following:
Code:
</tr><!-- PPINC 2 A -->
<table><tr>

I think I am going to stop here... with just these html errors that I have found, they are enough to cause real havoc with the code and the layout...

I STRONGLY suggest that you back out the edits you made and FIX your html errors as I had mentioned in a previous post. HTML errors are one of the #1 reasons for errors occuring in the cart...

When version 5 was put together, the html was set up to be in proper format as long as the headers and footers were set up with proper html.
"A bul l in a china shop leaves behind broken dishes..."

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post I appreciate the help 
I made all the changes you suggested and got back right where I had started so i pulled the index file at the top of my page and ran html tidy and looked though re broke it up and i still have the same prob. I just don't understand where the real prob is this are the headers and footers I had back on my old agoraprobata 4k but they are not intergrating right I trully am sorry if it seems as I am not listening. I am tring everything that is suggested I have even gone though and reinstall the cart from scratch. I am a bit out of touch I haven't messed with the cart for a year or so. So I have forgot a bunch please forgive me

I'm sure this can all be worked out. These html issues can be tricky, but when you carefully go through the code, things can be fixed. A program to find the errors doesn't always work properly, they can't really see what you are trying to acheive and may mess up the code further.
I should note that not all of v4 files are compatible with v5. Store layouts can usually be used, if the html is all correct between the header & footer. If it's not, you can have layout issues or scripting issues.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Just wanted to post a follow up on this in case anyone else has this issue come up.
The major problem was that they had v4 and v5 files mixed in their store, but html errors will cause major headaches with layout, too.
Core files from v4 cannot be used with v5. The only files you can safely use from v4, in v5, are the data.file, static pages from the 'html', 'html/pages' directories, and the store_header & store_footer files.

A way to correct this is to do a new install of v5 and only transfer to the new store, the data.file file to its proper location and the header/footer files to the 'html/html-templates/templates/Custom' directory.
Make sure you run through all of the set ups in the manager, especiallt the one that says that it should be first, which are the main settings.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1