The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
shoping for cart
Post shoping for cart 
This is going to seem like a weird question. I'm looking to install a shopping cart to my website. My choices are Agora cart and osComerce cart. I have beginner/intermediate web/computer knowledge. Can anyone help me make the correct choice. Thanks.

Well I'm a beginner at this and sucessfully installed the AgoraCart with the help of the good people on this forum. There's lots of help in these forums, really makes a difference.

the choice between the two would seem to me that what your requirments are.
there are somethings that agoracart can do that osc can't do and vise versa.
right off the bat i think osc is a way more complicated customization process. to fully customize you need to know php. there is a learning curve with agoracart but 99% is html and tokens to ease the job for non perl learned ppl.
if you need customer recognition then agoracart can't do that...yet.
i suppose the best question is, what are your needs for a shoppingcart? if you can define and list as many articles as possible then someone can tell you whether or not agoracart can fill the bill.
d

Post shoping for cart 2 
What do you mean by customer recognition?

My need are simple. I am only selling 4 product in 4 colors. Total of 16 product. I need to be able to sell via credit or debit card (accepting international orders as well). And I need shipping options via UPS, USPS and Fedex. I also need to be able to offer rebates and coupons. The tax should be built in as well.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but that will come to me.

Thanks,

JB

Dan wrote:
the choice between the two would seem to me that what your requirments are.
there are somethings that agoracart can do that osc can't do and vise versa.
right off the bat i think osc is a way more complicated customization process. to fully customize you need to know php. there is a learning curve with agoracart but 99% is html and tokens to ease the job for non perl learned ppl.
if you need customer recognition then agoracart can't do that...yet.
i suppose the best question is, what are your needs for a shoppingcart? if you can define and list as many articles as possible then someone can tell you whether or not agoracart can fill the bill.
d

customer recognition is when the customer "signs up" for an account or personal info is added to a dB and the info can be used for emails or auto fills on the checkout form.

if you go with agoracart you'll need to be a lifetime member for some of your solutions such as coupons.

fedex and rebates are currently not available with agoracart. fedex is in the works (it used to work but fedex changed awhile ago and is a very complicated and expensive update. but should be available soon.
the rebate could possibly be integrated with the coupon code depending on how you need the flow to go.
d

Post shoping for cart 3 
Customer recognition does that mean that if someone buys something then he leaves no trail of himself. I do somehow get the order, his e-mail and shipping address? It is not saved for the long term, is that what you mean. Sorry for being such a novice.

Also what is a life time member, some one who signs up with login and password I suppose.

JB

customer recognition means that your store/site remembers the client's information. without customer recognition you will still get the nessary information to complete the purchase and fill the order. there will be a log file written on the sale and two emails sent out. one email to the customer and one to the merchant. the merchant email will contain billing and shipping information.

agoracart has the free version and the pro version. the proversion has lots more features and costs less than 50 bucks to join as a pro member to be licensed to use the store. in addition there are free hacks and more intense help than free members get. there are additional cost hacks that can expand the functions of your store. but you still need to be a lifer to use those booster pack hacks.

d

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1