The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
How 2 Customize Check Out Process
Post Doing it ASCII worked fine so far 
Got all done sucessfully except the agora.setup.db file modification. Kind of afraid to touch that. Ho would you go about modify that?

Make a backup of the file before starting...
Only work on 1 message at time. Upload and test after each message edit.

If you have problems, let me know which message and what you are trying to change it to and I will help you out.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post That's What I B doing 
Yes I am making a backup, and as a retard, if I mess it up I am reuploading the original. Learned that lesson several posts ago.

PS where are you located? We are just outside Sacramento, CA, PST.

EST

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post What about . . . 
Cool . . .

What about that lame blue line between the "Shopping Cart Subtotal" and the "Grand Total" columns in the view cart area. Man the details go on and on . . .

Where is that line? I see "line.gif" in a couple of differnet places, but it's not the same heigth & width as displayed . . .

The "lame" blue line is the 'equals' line... not exactly "lame".
line.gif is the thing.... it's not the same height & width because the height & width is set in the script...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post "Thank you" message question. 
Previous post was . . .

#2 When you complete your order it gives you a thank you message. Where can I modify that to a message we want to display?

You said to edit the agora.setup.db file to customize this message. Should I do that by editing that file from the web site or do I need to go into the Cart Manager?

Post Also . . . 
#1 After you Verify the Order, at the bottom of the screen under the "Please verify..." area there are a couple of colors in that table I want to change. What file controlls that?

You said to edit the *gateway*-order_lib.pl file found in the 'library' directory of the store. I did that and only was able to change the font color to green. I need to change the table colors from that purplish & yellow colors to a different color. I searched the entire order_lib.pl and found nothing in reference to those colors or that statement "Please verify the following info . . .". Is there another file that contains that info?

In order to edit the files, you will need to download them in ASCII mode to your local computer and edit in a plain html editor or notepad.
They cannot be edited through the manager, and it is not suggested to edit directly on server.
Always make a backup of the last known working file *before* editing.

To edit some of the table colors, try editing the following variables in the agora.setup.db file:
Code:
$offline_ver_tbldef = 'width="500" bgcolor="#E8E0E0" cellpadding="2" ' .
    'cellspacing="0" border="0" ';
$offline_ver_tbldef2 = 'width="500" bgcolor="#F8F8C8" cellpadding="2" ' .
    'cellspacing="0" border="1" ';

There are other bgcolors that can be edited in the gateway's order_lib.pl
IE: if your gateway is Offline, then the file will be named: Offline-order_lib.pl

Look in the sub print_Offline_SubmitPage and sub get_Offline_confirm_middle areas.
If your gateway is other than Offile the areas will still be similar with "Offline' replaced with whatever the gateway is.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post Last But Not Least . . . 
Hey our cart is looking and running awesome! We are at the point where we are customizing the emails that are sent after the order is placed. We have the one which comes to us under control, however the one that comes to the client needs modification. Where do we customize the email that goes to the client? It is missing a whole bunch of fields that we added.

TY!

It is part of the gateway's order_lib file.

Stuff that goes in the customer's email uses the $text_of_confirm_email variable.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post Further Clarification Please 
Hi again,

Im still trying to make sense of how to modify what fields the client receives in their "thank you for your order" email.

You post said to use the gateway-order_lib.pl file and find the text_of_confirm_email area. I have located this however cannot figure out how to add my fields. I see this area:

$text_of_cart .= "CUSTID: $form_data{'CUSTID'}\n";
$text_of_admin_email .= "CUSTID: $form_data{'CUSTID'}\n";

$text_of_cart .= "INVOICE: $form_data{'INVOICE'}\n";
$text_of_confirm_email .= "INVOICE: $form_data{'INVOICE'}\n";
$sc_temp_invoice_number = $form_data{'INVOICE'};

Just playing around I copied the invoice code and changed the verbiage so I could see if this was the correct place to edit. Yes it was, however it placed it on the email that went to the admin AND the customer. I only want the customer.

Also, I have not clue what functions / variables need to go into code above. For example one field I want to add is labeled "$eform_Ecom_ShipTo_Preferred_Delivery_Time" in my orderform.html file. Do I drop the "eform" statement? I've tried w/ no success.

http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=2113

Get a Gold Membership
Post How to Remove the "XXX" in the credit card. 
Hi again,

We are taking orders w/ our new site and when the order info arrives at our shop the credit card field has a bunch of "xxxxx-xxxx". I need the number to show up so we can put it into our credit card machine. Can you please help once again!?

The number will not show up due to security reasons.
One half of the card number is in the admin email and the other half of the info is in the order log. If you have the entire number in one location, it is a security risk. Emails can get intercepted and order logs can be hacked by hackers.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post Oh I See 
So you have the log into the store manager and look at your log and match it up with the remainder of the no. that is seen in the email.

Hey I also want show the product number in the email to the admin only, so we can reference the number in the database and on the screen. What's the string/command for that?

2nd big box of options, select product_id for one of the rows of the drop-down.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post Cool, that make sense 
Just curious though, what file handles the xxxxx encription in the credit card field? I have a cheat doc that I would like to add that too.

We will not give out any information that may allow someone to circumvent the security that is currently in place. To do so would be irresponsible, both to the merchant and the customer of that store.
Merchants can get their merchant accounts revoked and blacklisted should they employ measures that compromise the security of their customer's info.

Get a Gold Membership
Post Totally cool w/ me! 
Not a big deal. Thank you for you help again Smile

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2