The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Lost in shipping logic
Post Lost in shipping logic 
Once again..forgive my ignorance in these matters..

Each item in our store has a different postal cost..

For example..book 1 may be $6.50, book two is $9.00

Now I can put the individual cost in the product add section..but for instance, if someone buys one of book one, and one of book two..then the shipping cost of the second or subsequent item added is to be only $3.50, instead of the allocated shipping cost for that item.

For the life of me..I cant work out how to do this.

First..what is the code I need to do this..and second..where exactly do I put it. I've gone through quite a few posts, and tried some suggestions but it never seems to work. I am getting so lost with all this shipping logic. I am also running version 5..which is not very user friendly for newcomers to this type of thing..so I would really appreciate some assitance.

Thank you

http://www.allthingstraci.com.au/store5/agora.cgi

I don't really think there is a solution for that.
It really isn't a real good way of doing it, either, especially if you have a lot of products.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

well aside from that..would you mind giving me a bit of direction..I gather you put the shipping logic code in the box allocated in shipping settings..then I grab the code from the bottom and put that in my orderform (in this case, pay pal order form). Is there anything else that needs doing. I did grab some code from some of the posts..but even the ones suggested, (that worked for others) made absolutley no difference to the shipping costs at the checkout.

Is is advisable to have the individual item shipping cost within against each product..or should I leave that blank if I want the CSL to work? I tried both ways anyway..still no luck.

I haven't found good tutorials on this subject..I must admit.

Thanks for any help I can get. I think this is my last issue to solve before I can go online
cheers

You cannot have individual item shipping costs and use the SBW or custom shipping logic. Once you turn on Custom Shipping Logic, the individual item shipping cost is turned off and what you have entered in the shipping field now becomes a "measured value" that can be used by the custom shipping logic. However, the Custom Shipping Logic and the SBW can be used together.

If you could post the settings in your Shipping Settings Manager, the Custom Shipping logic code you have entered and what the custom shipping logic is supposed to do, we can better help you with it. One puctuation mark that is out of place can throw off the whole thing or even a missed setting can do it, too.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I tried this one..which was supposed to work out the shipping based on the total amount (ignore the actual dollar values..I haven't really played with them yet apart from the first two)

@sc_shipping_logic = ( "|||0-250|5.35",
"|||10-50|6.35",
"|||51-1000|10.80",
"|||1001-2000|12.25",
"|||2001-3000|13.70",
"|||3001-4000|15.15",
"|||4001-5000|16.60",
"|||5001-6000|18.05",
"|||6001-|19.50", );
#
$shipping_price = &calculate_shipping($temp_total,
$total_quantity, $total_measured_quantity);

I have it set yes to use CSL, before, and no to shipping measured by weight
I have SBW off

Is that all you need to know.?

First thing I see is that there is a coding error in your logic. There's an extra comma at the end of the logic array.
The shipping logic that you have defined has the valued in the "weight/measured value" field of the logic.
Please review the shipping.txt file in the 'protected/DOCS' directory of your store. This contains a lot of information on custom shipping logic, including the field designations of the logic.

Also, when basing your shipping on the total dollar amount of the order, you need to define the dollar amounts in dollars AND cents.

IE:
Code:
@sc_shipping_logic = ( "|-9.99|||5.35",
"|10.00-49.99|||6.35",
"|50.00-999.99|||10.80",
"|1000.00-1999.99|||12.25",
"|2000.00-2999.99|||13.70",
"|3000-3999.99|||15.15",
"|4000.00-4999.99|||16.60",
"|5000.00-5999.99|||18.05",
"|6000.00-|||19.50");
#
$shipping_price = &calculate_shipping($temp_total,
$total_quantity, $total_measured_quantity);

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks..will try that in the morning..been at it too long today. I'll let you know how I get on!!

well that didn't work. Nothing at all changes.

I really need to find a good tutorial on this..as I am obviously missing something..probably very simple.

EDIT..Assuming I have code and settings right..can you please quickly run through the process..I'm normally not this dumb..lol

Is it..

Enter shipping logic code in code box under shipping settings
Copy and paste the code from the bottom of the shippings settings page, into the gateway order form..in this case..PayPal-orderform.html
have no shipping or weight costs under each product item description (read somewhere on here you have to at least put a 0 in this field)

Is there any part of the process I am missing? Is there any other form or file I need to adjust. Is there any place other than the shipping settings that may affect this process.

Also..should I see shipping costs when just viewing my cart..or do I have to proceed right through the checkout.

Thanks in advance!!

I see you have a subcategory with an asterisk in it, You might want to remove that asterisk because it is probably interfering with the function of the cart. If you want an asterisk to denote a subcategory, you will need to code that into the category display agorascript in the header files.

Also, you don't seem to have custom shipping logic turned on.
It looks like you are only using the set shipping price per item shipping....

Get a Gold Membership
Yeah..I gave up on the shipping logic..I was spending far too long on it. Until I have time to research it more..I need to get on with other things.

Will fix the asterix thing, thanks..it was only put there right at the end..so I know that had nothing to do with the shipping logic.. Confused

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1