The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
background images
Post background images 
hi ive changed the background images in my store layout and set it to index_29.gif under the background image section, but for some reason it just wont change at all,, it just stayes white, when i change the colour to red there is no problem, is there any reason why??

chris

For the background image, it needs to be placed in the same directory as the agora.cgi file...

Goofy, yes, I know... Rolling Eyes
I'm sure things are better in the next version....

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post similar question 
i have a similar question... im having 0 success setting my background image. I put a path to the image in the body of my main index.html file, and it works there. then to make it work in the cart i copied the same image into the Agora directory where agora.cgi is located, I then used the store manager to spec the background image - entered in the correct name of the file and it does not display. I also checked the "cgi-bin / Agora / admin_file/agora_user_lib.pl" file and the proper name of the image is there as well, but the graphic just doesnt show up.

If you want to look im at http://www.kreamcofee.com/cgi-bin/Agora/agora.cgi

Because you are in the cgi-bin, things are a bit different...
Images cannot be directly called that are in the cgi-bin.
What you will need to do is to use the free form logic.
In the manager -> Program Settings -> Free Form Logic:
In the 2nd box, put the following:
Code:
$sc_standard_body_info = qq~text=#333 Link=#EA4735 vlink=#666 BGCOLOR="" Background="http://www.kreamcoffee.com/img/bg.gif"~;

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
then to make it work in the cart i copied the same image into the Agora directory where agora.cgi is located

you can't display images from the cgi-bin. this is why picserve and secpicserve was developed.
you do not need to copy the image or change the location for the dB parsed pages. just link to it (it must be outside of the cgi-bin). in the store manager find the freeform logic. in the second box down enter this...
Code:

$sc_standard_body_info = qq~BGCOLOR="#ffffff" BACKGROUND="http://www.kreamcoffee.com/img/bg.gif"~;

then submit. should be good to go.
d

Laughing

Get a Gold Membership
Post thanks 
thanks, ill give that a try. I thought it had something to do with being in cgi-bin... but thats where my host says that agora has to live. Ill let you know how it works Smile

EDIT: OK, YAAAYY!! lol, that worked, thank you both so much. now i just have to finish the other layout stuff and go live with this thing. Smile

Is the same rule for all versions..as I just cant set my background image. I'm extremely new to this, but the first thing I tried to do was set the background..and haven't got any further on the rest of the set up yet.

I followed the instructions above, and this is what I have in the second box of my free form Logic

$sc_standard_body_info = qq~BGCOLOR="#ffffff" BACKGROUND="http://www.allthingstraci.com.au/store5/purpl056.gif"~;

But still nothing is happening. Forgive my beginners ignorance, but can someone help out.

http://www.allthingstraci.com.au/store5/agora.cgi

please disregard lack of content etc, like I said..I got as far as the background and got stuck..god help me on the rest of it..lol

by the way..I have that file in my images folder as well..I put it everywhere trying to get it to work,.

CSS controls the body information.
Go into the CSS Editor in the manager and find the "body" class and set up your background image URL.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks..I have been doing that..and have managed to change a lot, but still cant get that centre table..but I'll get there eventually.

Thanks again.

EDIT:..its all good, I got there in the end.

Post background image problems 
Scott or Dan,

I have read through the forum and can't figure it out. I am using version 5 and used the CSS to enter the background image, which works great until i get the non-secure error message when entering the cart checkout. ( i read about putting in the protected folder and that I dont have the images in secure place ) How do i call on them so i can show a background in CSS?

I am also running into a problem where my #Table_01 .template_mainbackground positioning overlaps my top banner. I see that the top border and the bottom of the top banner both occupy position 150px from top. ( this does't happen on my html files of my site. My goal is to line up the background seemless with my top banner image.

Link to this product page.
http://host450.ipowerweb.com/~blindwin/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?p_id=00011

I am a total Noob, and have tweeked the hell out of the CSS to get this far. ( i have probably made it worse for all i know)

Steve

It's looking good... However, being that you run the cart from inside the cgi-bin, you have the css setup wrong. Take a look at the very first settings in the CSS Editor in the manager for proper setup of the CSS files.

The following information MUST be removed from the header files:
Code:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- BEGIN
function popUp(URL) {
day = new Date();
id = day.getTime();
eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=420,height=420,left = 200,top = 50');");
}
// END -->
</script>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
   margin-top: 0px;
}
-->
</style>

The javascript needs to be put into its own file and linked to. The link can be added in the special box in the CSS Editor of the store's manager. The javascript itself cannot be placed in that box because of possible cross-scripting errors. That is why it needs to be placed in its own file and linked to.

As for the body css, that too is handled in the CSS Editor...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1