The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Product Page: 1 item across WITH Agorascripts... Possible?
Post Product Page: 1 item across WITH Agorascripts... Possible? 
I am currently working on setting up product pages for a friend's site. I got the layout just like I want and then went to preview it and discovered that the default (productPage.inc) 2 item across doesn't work at all with the site. I need to have my products all in 1 column while still being able to use agorascripts. How can I configure this? I saw the other .inc files for 1 item across but they don't support the script. Is it possible to do this?

Please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else. I'm new at AgoraCart. I did a search in the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for. HELP!!!

You can see what I mean by visiting a sample product page:

http://photographsbykim.com/cgi-bin/Agora/agora.cgi?product=MAY

The pictures shown will be made a bit smaller but the size of the first item's box will be about the standard size I want all of them to be. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,

Mo

All of the ppinc layouts WILL support agorascript...
But, I am puzzled... What agorascript snippet are you wanting to use?

BTW, you need to add www. to the beginning of your store URLs in the manager. The URL is currently breaking the "2 dot rule" which can cause more problems further down the line.
So, your store URLs should be set to:
http://www.photographsbykim.com/cgi-bin/Agora/agora.cgi

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Product Page: 1 item across 
You know, I thought I was supposed to add the "www." but when I did, the page would not come up at all (Page not found error). When I took the "www." out, the page came up. I don't know why. Any ideas?

I honestly have no idea what I need to do to configure my pages. I'm lost! I was using version 4.0 to design that store (it came with the hosting package). I cannot figure out how to change the page background (adding an image to the background instead of just a color - I was able to change the color in the store manager but when I tried doing an image file instead, the image doesn't load at all). I used the default productPage.inc file to make my changes and got the "look" to where I want it but since I don't know enough about coding, I'm afraid to change the layout to 1 across without messing everything else up. I don't know really if there are any agorascripts that I'm using. I know I'm using option files (for the portrait sizes) but other than that, I don't know. Can you tell I'm really lost?

I am currently working on setting up AgoraCart version 5.001 since the site needs to use Paypal and version 4 doesn't support that. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with this version. I just dislike kinda sorta maybe having to start all over again.

You need to add in the www. in the Store URL fields in the manager.
In version 5, CSS is used to handle the background images, colors, etc.
Look for the "body" class in the CSS Editor manager.

What is the URL to your v5 store?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I figured out the www issue and fixed that. I'm just beginning to work on the store for v.5. The link is:

http://www.photographsbykim.com/cgi-bin/store/store5/agora.cgi

Click on the "Books" category to see the options I'm needing to use and the layout problems I'm having. I still have the default items and categories there. I got it to do 1 item per row but I did it wrongly and the items look awful now! Only the first item has a border on it. and the rest down't. I would like to have borders on all of them and have all of them the same size. I need so much help on this. Oh, I guess I'm needing agorascript to use the sizes_opt.html file.

Any help with this would be SO appreciated!

Mo

First of all, please excuse my misspellings and ramblings. I've been working on this non-stop for a couple of days now and my brain is on overload.

Secondly... where do I find the CSS Editor Manager?

Thanks for your help Bonnie. God bless you too!

Mo

You have tried to edit the header & footer files in an editor that auto-completes tags or something and you have messed up the default layout.
In doing so, you have deleted the default header and footer. Any time you create a custom header and footer, they need to be placed in the 'html/html-templates/templates/Custom' directory of the store.

Click on the following link:
http://www.photographsbykim.com/cgi-bin/store/store5/agora.cgi?product=Books&ppinc=1a
Is this more like the product layout that you are wanting?
If so, you need to work with the productPage-1a.inc file. Then to make it the default product page, rename it to: productPage.inc.

The CSS Editor is in the manager. The offical label on the button is "Store Design - CSS Editor".

The CSS styling, however, will not show up properly until you take care of the first couple settings in the CSS Editor due to the store being located in the cgi-bin. Carefully read those first 2 settings for instructions on setting them up.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
OK, don't be worried beyond hair repair with me but I did find the CSS editor after all and the things I changed were:

1) I added a line right under the body tag to add a background image (I used the same format that was already there in the css code.

2) I added Tahoma to the font family listings throughout the page.

3) I added a "no right click" javascript code in the box that asked me to include any javascipt that I'd like to add in the head section.

Those are the only things I did in the CSS editor. Now I can't access anything! I get this error:

"Error loading library ./admin_files/agora_user_lib.pl:

Unrecognized character \xA9 at ./admin_files/agora_user_lib.pl line 93. Compilation failed
in require at (eval 1) line 1.

Please contact the site administrator to fix the error. (webmaster@photographsbykim.com)"

I can't even access the link you gave me above. I'm sorry to be making such a mess of this. At least I'm giving you something to laugh about at the office. LOL!

Mo

You can't add javascript directly to the box. What you need to do is to create an external .js file and put the link to it in that box...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
http://www.photographsbykim.com/cgi-bin/store5/agora.cgi?product=Books&ppinc=1a
Is this more like the product layout that you are wanting?

By the way... this is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm still a bit lost as to customizing the pages, but at least I know where to start. Thanks!

Mo

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1