The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
CSS and Image problems
Post CSS and Image problems 
hi,

i've been trying to edit the CSS file but it seems that it doesn't make any changes. Here is what I have and did.
I have the latest version of AgroCart, which is 5 and i also uploaded all files in ASCII mode. I also changed PicServe
setting in admin mode to "yes". All images show up but the "add_to_cart.gif" image for example does not appear. It is in the buttonset folder. Again, all files have the"755" permission. Maybe I have to change the path from a file. If yes, which one is it. I have all the files
in my cgi-bin folder by the way

I edit the CSS file on the Store Manager but it doesn't make the changes. The main page "index.html" on my shopping cart seems that
it does not read anything from a css file. The layout looks really weird.

thanks for your help and time

Last edited by ald183s on Thu May 17, 07 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
The CSS files need to be moved outside of the cgi-bin.
There is a setting in the CSS Editor, right at the top of the page, for setting the location of the CSS files.

You will need to go through these main managers and even if you do not change any of the settings, you still need to hit the "submit" button in each one to make sure that you have "reset" all of the settings to what you are actually showing. (The buttonset URL needs to be reset for your store buttons to show...)
Make sure these are done in the order specified.
1. Primary/Core Settings
2. Store Template-Headers/Footers (There are 5 buttons on this page, you need to click all of them)
3. Store Design-CSS Editor
4. Store Design-Misc Settings

BTW, you should not need to change any permissions from the default installation of the cart.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
thank you for your support. It works Smile

I have a question... I've been reading several posts saying that the css files need to be outside of the cgi-bin. When I installed the AgoraCart v.4 that came with the hosting plan, it automatically installed everything into the cgi-bin. I just upgraded to v.5 today and went ahead and installed it also in the cgi-bin. Can I still do this or do I have to move the whole cart outside of the bin? Also, if I have to move the cart, will I be required to change username/password or anything?

Monique

Version 4 did not use css... You would only need to move the .css files outside of the cgi-bin.
The first couple settings in the manager's CSS Editor explains this.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Taking CSS files out of cgi-bin 
Thanks for the info. Some more questions:

Are there several CSS files I need to be looking for that may be hidden in different folders? I've seen one in the main directory where agora.cgi is. Is that it?

Also, once I move the file(s) out of cgi-bin, do I need to change any linking information or is this covered in the CSS editor when I change the # of levels? I want to make sure my files will find each other and be able to execute what they're supposed to.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience with me.

Monique

That is one of them, the other is in the 'html/html-templates/templates' directroy and then within whatever layout template folder your store header/footer files are in.

Changing the # of levels will tell Agora where to find the .css files.
Oh, yeah, set "Do you need to make a copy of the template CSS file in same location as the main CSS file?" to "YES"

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Another question (I'm full of 'em!)... does the store HAVE to be in the cgi-bin? I can move the css files no problem but I was wondering if it would just be easier to move the store outside the bin. Will it cause problems?

Monique

That all depends on your web host. There are some web hosts that only allow .cgi scripts to be run inside the cgi-bin.
If your web host will allow it, you can run the store outside of the cgi-bin and it is a biteasier to manage.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1