The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Contact Us, Return Policy, etc...
Where in the settings (which box or tab do I click within AgoraCart Management /Settings) do I go to change the text in the Contact Us, Return Policy, etc?

You download the pages from the 'html' directory of the store and edit the files whose names match the links...
IE: Contact Us link is the Contact_Us.htm file...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Contact Us, Return Policy, etc... 
I am trying to edit these pages. I have downloaded them and made the changes. I have done it in the notepad, DreamWeaver and GoLive. When I upload the pages - nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.highlightsofchicago.com/cgi-bin/store5/agora.cgi

Also, I have selected the images that I want and made sure that the names match - but they are still not showing up. I have 4 books that I have created entries for, but when you go to http://www.highlightsofchicago.com/cgi-bin/store5/agora.cgi sometimes it shows 1 book 4 times, sometimes 2 or 3 but never all 4 at the same time.

Please help. I have been reading these manuals and posts and just can't figure it out.

Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The very 1st thing I see is that I am not sure that you have done the 1st steps necessary to setup the cart.
You need to at least hit the submit button on each of the following managers, even if you make no changes to the page:
1. Primary/Core Settings
2. Store Template-Headers/Footers (There are 5 buttons on this page, you need to click all of them)
3. Store Design-CSS Editor
4. Store Design-Misc Settings

Also, in the CSS Editor you need to set up the 1st 2 settings on that page due to running the cart from inside the cgi-bin. Also, the stylesheets in AgoraCart need to be moved to your root (public_html) directory because they cannot be read in the cgi-bin.

As for editing the pages and uploading them, you need to verify that the files were uploaded to the correct place and that the uploaded files were accepted and the file were changed on the server. I have known of some servers that did not allow files to replace a file that is already on the server, unless the original file was deleted, first.
What method were you using to upload the files?
Who is your web host?

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
How much will you charge to finish setting this up for me. I have done all that, now my pages are blank!

sigh! Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1