The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
"Recently Viewed Items List"
Post "Recently Viewed Items List" 
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible for Agora to store search information on a list of "Recently viewed items"?

For example, the customer viewed a book and then he searched for another one, but the first book he was looking for comes up on index page or any other pages (I could customize that), so he still can come back to it at any time and order it.

I would be happy if you could help me please.

Thanks,

Victoria.

hmm good question. my registrar does that in a round about way and at times it's a real timesaver and a godsend.
agoracurrently does not do that. however, it would be a great hack. unfortunately i don't have the time. Very Happy
i'll keep it in mind. maybe i can find a a prescripted js or something that will suffice until a perl solution can evolve.
top this post on occasion to remond me please. or pm me.
d

Thank you for the thought. It would be great to have that in Agora. I think Agora is a great shopping cart.

Also, I still cannot work out whether Agora can search for a few items at the same time or not. I've been trying to use the same textfield or create a few separate ones and enter a few items that needed to be found but nothing seems to come up after clicking the submit button. Am I doing something wrong or this kind of search is not available in Agora yet?

thanks,

Vika.

do you mean searching for like or related items regardless of category? for example:
search for pen set and get all products that are pen sets and personalized pens, ball point pens and etc?
or search for paper and pens?
d

Post Search 
Hi Dan,

I guess they could be from the same or different categories. It would be great to have this kind of search for books, for example, if you enter different ISBNs in 5 different search fields (or in one multiline field) and search for up to 5 books at the same time. I hope this makes sense... Do you think this is possible in Agora?

Thank you for trying to help, Dan.

Victoria.

hang on i'll try and idea i have. i'll have to fire up my local server though. if ya don't hear from me by tomorrow holler!
d

Thank you very much! Smile

Was just wondering if you have any news about the search of up to 5 different items at the same time....?

Thanks,

Victoria.

sorry not yet. i have to get a store done by morning and it's 11pm right now. keep topping this please.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1