The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Fine tuning form attributes
Post Fine tuning form attributes 
Hi,
I have been eager to use AgoraCart for a PayPal account even though I can't find it listed at the PayPal site under compatible shopping carts, as I like the AgoraCart concept. However, I'm running into barriers. I've set up a sandbox account, and in AgoraCart Manager entered https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr and the fictitious sandbox account name in the PayPal Standard Settings. However, on clicking the PayPal link at checkout, the PayPal Developer's login page appears (which usually you use to access sandbox). In the end, there is no record of a payment in the sandbox account, but curiously, there is a record in the real PayPal account.
What I would like to do is, rather than set things up in AgoraCart Manager, enter the exact fields and attributes I want in in the html form, and test it from there, so I can better pinpoint what's going on. But which scripts would I need to edit to do this? Have tried store5/library/PayPal-order_lib.pl, but don't see how.
Help much appreciated.
GinKen

go to your test store, add something to your cart, check out, enter info in step one, submit step one. when you get to step two view the source of the rendered page. there you will see all of the data being sent to paypal.
d

You can only see all of the stuff being sent to PayPal when you use PayPalIPN, can't do that with PayPal...

GinKen,
People often have problems using the sandbox account and having problems.
You need to use valid sandbox account user IDs. So, you would need 2 sandbox ids in order to test properly. I generally don't use the sandbox any more because the gateway has been used so much it really doesn't need much tweeking and works right out of the box, as long as the stuff in the gateway manager is set up correctly.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
are you telling me you can't go to step two, view the source of the page and see the form values being sent to paypal? are you saying that based on the form vaules the lib file can't be hacked for additional names/values or to edit default values? are you also telling me that more data is sent to paypal than what is in the lib file?
d

The order_lib can be edited to include more fields & change default values, but what I am saying is that you can't view the source code from the "verify order" page and see the values being passed. What you get in the source code is a URL that looks somethin like:
http://www.mydomain.com/store5/agora.cgi?ppsnd=6496648.2864

You can only see the values being passed using PayPalIPN.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I would prefer using the sandbox, since it's my first time interfacing with paypal, and the real paypal account is my brother's and not mine, or for me to access. So for testing, I'd rather use sandbox as going through him all the time will slow things down. I can create a second sandbox account, though not sure why I should need two. Also, I don't mind setting things up in the store manager. Eventually, however, I will go edit scripts because it's my nature to want to understand how things work.

At the beginning, we are only using PayPal as a payment gateway. However, eventually the goal is to incorporate other methods of payment, and would like to set up the paypal account as paypal as an additional method of payment. Under payment solutions when setting up a sandbox account, which should I choose?

What I really want to find out, though, is why, if, as you say, the gateway works out of the box, it isn't working? Can you help me here? After entering all the info, as I mentioned before, when I click the pay with paypal link, instead of being taken to some page at paypal's site where I could continue to process papyment, I am taken to the PayPal Developer Central log in window??? This is the first issue I need to clear up.

Any help would be much appreciated!

GinKen

There are lots of problems with going through the sandbox and that is where things go awry, not with the gateway itself... You need 2 email addresses in the sandbox so that you can test. You cannot put the same email address in the order form as is the same as the "merchant's" accout email, it won't work...

If you edit raw files, you may end up erasing all of your edits when you upgrade modules in v5.
It is fine to see how things work, but do as much setting up as you can in the manager.

You go to the developer login window because you MUST be logged into the sandbox in or the sandbox doesn't work... You are testing through the sandbox...
Like I said, the sand box is a real pain in the rear...
You can set up your own PayPal accounts and use your PayPal accounts to test, then you don't have to wait on your brother... PayPal does allow for you to have a personal account AND a business account.

We have, personally, done several of setups of the PayPal gateway, out of the box, and no problems...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I thank you for the help and glad to hear you have real experience making paypal work. But there is something I'm missing here.
I want to test the cart by going through the complete process of making purchases with paypal, but I don't really want to make a purchase, that is spend money. That is why I was counting on the sandbox for help. There must be others like me who want to be sure everything is working well before making it available to the public. Is it possible to test the cart through the sandbox? Or can it only be tested within the sandbox? For the latter, perhaps I should ask paypal, but for the former, how does one avoid the developer's login window?
Some time ago a poster to this forum, can't seem to locate the post now, said she was happily using the sandbox for testing, and here I hear it's a pain.
Some time or another this will all eventually click for me, but appreciate your help in making it sooner than later.
Thanks
GinKen

Post Same problem.... 
I'm having that exact problem as well....though...I don't know about the "sandbox" thing. I just called up PayPal, got some foreign guy who had no idea what he was doing, fought for an hour to get the secure URL and plugged it in. When I check out of shopping cart, I can click the button to "Pay w/PayPal" but I end up at the PayPal login window. Not to mention, I received a receipt in my email for my purchase. Problem is....somewhere along the line I missed the credit card processing page.

Amy

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1