The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Using Paypal Gateway
Post Using Paypal Gateway 
My custom shipping logic works (based on Qty), but Paypal adds an additional Shipping and Handling fee on top of the custom S&H when I go to PayPal. How to I turn Paypal's S&S off?

PayPal is the only gateway. Using Version 5.0.0.1

ShelleyN1

You have to go into your profile at PayPal and turn off the shipping you have set up there.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks, it works. Now using Sandbox Paypal, which is a great way to test end to end.

Q: Whenever I make changes to the billing and shipping form, the entire form gets reset. How can a user make changes without entering all information over again?

That is a symptom of a file not being uploaded in ASCII mode...
Re-upload the oder form file in ASCII mode...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post ASCII Mode - Frontpage 2003 
Thanks.
I use Frontpage 2003 to make cahnges to forms (Paypalipn, etc.) When I publish them, aren't they uploaded in ASCII mode? If not, I suspect, I should reload 5.1 and make my custom changes...then FTP them??

We never suggest using FrontPage or any other WYSIWYG editor to edit the files in AgoraCart.
We suggest only using a plain html editor or NotePad or EditPad Lite...

Upload your files in ASCII via FTP, you have MUCH more control over things when you do it that way.

BTW, If you are using PayPalIPN, you cannot discuss it in this forum. PayPalIPN is a Premier Members only gateway and can only be discussed in the Pro Forum.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks, will do. And sorry...I'm a premier member. Plain forgot

When you say use Notepad, is that the same thing as Wordpad by Microsoft?

Noooooooo.... They are extirely different animals... WordPad will break the AgoraCart files.
Notepad is a plain text editor... Save the file in ANSI mode when using Notepad.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post No Paypal option shown in my manager section 
I want to use paypal in my agoracart, but I cannot see or where to select Paypal option in the payment gateway, also, I see offline at the top, please where can i turn on and see the paypal and other payment options/gateway?
thanks alot
MIKE

If you don't see a PayPal option in the Primary/Core settings, then I'm not sure that you have v5.
If you have v4.x, the PayPal gateway is only available to Pro Members. However, PayPal Standard is a gateway that is available, by default, in v5.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post and version 5 is free 
And although Bonnie didn't mention it, Mike version 5 is free and all of the manuals are for version 5. You really need to download 5 and start with a fresh install and then you get the paypal payment built in. You don't get the auto paypal inpn but you will get an email stating the order was made and then you need to verify the payment by going to your paypal account. Works fine for small stores.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1