The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Don't Understand How to Add New Item Images for Larger Photo
Post Don't Understand How to Add New Item Images for Larger Photo 
Hi,

I have read many posts in this subject on the forum and I guess I am just not working on all cylinders, I can't find the right answer.

If I have learned anything, you need three images to upload for each item in the cart. A thumbnail (70 pixels wide), slightly larger for item description (170 pixels wide) and a larger photo is optional. I have seen AgoraCarts where you click on the image in the item description and it automatically displays a larger photo.

Can someone tell me how to make entires on the Add Item layout (below) to achieve what I am looking for? Please describe if image names were.

image_sm.jpg (smallest)
image_md.jpg (medium sized)
image_lg.jpg (larger image)

What filenames goes into which boxes. Also, what needs to be entered in the User 2 - 3- 4 - & 5 boxes.

One last question. How would you show several larger photos? Currently I have .htm links to the larger images in the description of each item.

Thanks for your time.

Jerry

http://www.allchingunparts.com/store5/agora.cgi

P.S. I ordered the Pro version today Very Happy

Image file name field = image_md.jpg (medium sized)
2nd image = image_sm.jpg (smallest)
User field 2 = image_lg.jpg (larger image)

This is the most orderly way of using the fields. The other user fields are used for various features.
IE: Inventory control, Subcategories, etc...
They can, also, be used to define additional info.
IE: If you are selling books: ISBN #, Author, etc...

To show several larger images, they would need to be put into an html page and called by puttin your .html file name (with the collection of larger images) in the User 2 field.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Thanks for the explanation.

I thought the large image file should be entered in the User 2 box, however, I have gone back and entered image names for all my products in the User 2 box. They still do not go to the larger image display when you click on the image.

From the Main Store Page, I can click on an image and get transferred to the product description for that item. When I click on that (medium) image, nothing happens.

Just to test, I put one of the images that was in the cart on the original install "Underachievement Poster" back into my store (edited the data file and uploaded that file and the images). For that single item, everything works properly. After you get to the product display, you can click on the image (medium) and you get a larger display in a separate window. Also, "Click Here to see a larger image" is a link in the product description. There is no reference to this link in the item description of the AgoraCart Store Manager. How does that link automatically get entered into the product description. I noticed it was present on all the Art items in the store (I installed all of the Art items back for testing purposes and they all worked properly).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Jerry

There many, many, many, (did I say many?) ways to display products in AgoraCart.

It is all in how the ppinc pages are coded...
If you are wanting a "popup" larger image, then you need to follow the instructions at:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?p=21513#21513

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Thanks Very Much Very Happy

That's exactly what I was looking for !!

All my larger (pop ups) work properly now.

Jerry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1