The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Getting Offline to work
Post Getting Offline to work 
Hi Everyone,
Okay, I know I asked this before and was told to put in the store address to get the offline to work along with PayPal. Well I have done this. I can get PayPal to work, however the offline is not. When I click on the link it takes me to my error page. I have made sure that both the Offline-order_lib.pl & PayPal-order_lib.pl are in the library & costom file, which they are.
What am I doing wrong. :cry: Here is the address to my store
http://catnaps.net/v-web/ecommerce/ac/agora.cgi

Now mind you, it is not a secure page, but I have taken out the credit card & check account info. This will be used for Snail mail only. They will receive an address as to where to send a check or money order.
Thank you,
Cathie

Post RE: Getting Offline to work 
hell-o

your cart is on this path:

http://catnaps.net/v-web/ecommerce/ac/agora.cgi

your paypal and offline forms are on this path:

http://catnaps.net/stl-web/ecommerce/ac/agora.cgi

not sure what's going on there. odd that the paypal works at all. you must maintain the proper path for all cart functions to work properly.

in your store manager>main agoracart store settings you have your store url and the ssl url. if not using ssl then leave that one blank.
choose offline for the gateway and yes for multiple gateways. then submit. go to the gateway settings (should be offline showing) and for the ssl url set it to your http:// store url. submit and check to see if agora can find it now.

regards,
dan

That is how it is set up. That is what I don't understand. I even tried the v-web and that didn't work. Is there another way I can get their order emailed to me if the want to use snail mail and have them fill out a form like Offline, with out having to go through Offline.
I hope that made sence. Basically, I want to give them the option of both PayPal and snail mail.
Thanks,
Cathie

Post RE: Getting Offline to work 
hell-o
in the manager do you have "yes" selected for multiple gateways?

are you sure the offline orderform.html is in the store/html/forms directory?

check the file permissions in the custom directory. i doubt that's it but you never know so be sure.

is it possible that the stl-web path is the aliased ssl path?

something is screwy here. that directory difference should not exist.

who is your hosting company?

regards,
dan

in the manager do you have "yes" selected for multiple gateways? Yes

are you sure the offline orderform.html is in the store/html/forms directory? Yes

check the file permissions in the custom directory. i doubt that's it but you never know so be sure. Okay here

is it possible that the stl-web path is the aliased ssl path? This is because I do not have the whole store secure, so my host placed it out of the public file

something is screwy here. that directory difference should not exist. I ask tech support about this and they said it was normal, go figure.

who is your hosting company? Startlogic

Well I guess this won't work. So is there a way the creat a form that they would fill out with there name and address and ship to address, and still get the order emailed to me? If not I think that might be another way, but they would just use PayPal, but not complete the order. I have done this check things out and I see the order with out finalizing payment. Although, i am sure most shoppers would not like that.
Thanks for helping me on this. I is just driving me nuts.
Cathie

i have found that hosting companies generally don't know squat about agoracart. they always say it's something wrong with the code after doing things like this.

to answer your question about alternate forms, it would be more hassle then trying to get offline to work.

one last thought. select offline as your default gateway in main store settings and choose no for multiple gateways. see if you can pull it up with just the offline as the only gateway. try both urls in the gateway setting.
also, delete you cookies and dump your browsers temp files if you think the browser maybe interferring.

i'm still not clear about everything they did to get the store to run through two seperate paths. what exactly did they do and why?

if that doesn't work then tell them i said to put it back to default setup and move it with ownership and permissions to the cgi-bin with this path to agora.cgi:
public_html/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi
there is plenty of built in security to run agoracart in the recommened manner.

don't worry about things. if they wont fix it and you can't get it to work then i'll fix it for you. hmmm, think i'll charge them a service fee :-)) that'll teach them to fix what's not broken LOL

regards,
dan

Okay here is the deal. After calming down this morning, cleaning the house will do that, LOL. I came back, did what you said, still to no avail. I can't even get Offline to work by itself. So I get on with Startlogic support, yah like that really helped. I saved the trans script if you would like to read it. But any way after an hour with him, he said he is getting the same error, even after he said it was working fine, go figure. So now I have a ticket in with tech support. In the mean time, I guess I will take Offline down and just use Paypal.
Also the reason why the path is not in the Public-HTML, is because I do not have it set as a secure store. Kept get that little pop up on ever page, so I changes it. The only way I can change it to secure now is if I delete the store. I don't want to do that, it has taken me a month to get as much as I have on working on it when I get home from work. So until I hear from support and let you know what they say, I will just use Paypal.
Thank you again,
Cathie

Post Idea 
Hi Dan,
Question in regards to this problem. Would I be able to copy or move the Offline form to the public_html folder and use that one for the store. Or maybe there is something I need to put in the hack we have not thought about. Just a thought. It seems I can not get this to work even on its own. I would like to offer this option and it is driving me crazy that I can not get it to work.

Also update on the stl-web and v-web problem. I quess Startlogic changed over to a V-Desk and did not inform their customers. So now I have changed all the links in the cart manger site, now I have to change all the links for my inlarged images, but anyway. Solve that little mystery.

Thank You,
Cathie

Post Changes 
Hi Again Dan,
Something just hit me. I made some changes to the Offline html form, you know the one the customer sees. Could that be why it may not be showing up. I took out all the payment info that it was asking for, just left in the billing and the ship to address on the form. Just another thought. If this is the problem, maybe I need to change something in the lib.pl files?
Okay thanks again.
Cathie

Post Got it to work Dan 
Okay Dan,
First I would like to say Thank you for all your help. We did try about everything. But some times it take a bigger problem to solve the little problems.

Now I know you know the problem I had with logging in after installing the Pro version. Well after re-installed the old version both PayPal and Offline started to work and I am able to view both. I was able to set up the Offline form to only ask for the Billing and Ship to address and it is working so far. I will be doing more test on it later.

So I have no idea what was going on before, but all is well. I know that someone else was having some what of the same problem, saw the post some where. This may be what they need to do.

So Thank you again Dan.
Cathie

Post RE: Got it to work Dan 
hell-o
whew! what a pain this must be for you.
if the cpanel install works but a self install doesn't then you're probably looking at ownership or permission problems with the files.

i worked on a cart that had certain files and folders under server ownership which prevented me from exporting and downloading the database. file permission changes (chmod) were impossible as a result as well. this was a cpanel install so the sysops got in there and thought they were being helpful with their golden screwdrivers... :-(

again, they don't know what they're doing in relation to agoracart.

if the only reason you removed the proversion was because of a popup generated when attempting to go secure on check out then i think your removed it prematurely. in most cases ssl warning can be corrected. this is not an indication that agoracart is not functioning properly (necessarily) or that the program wont run on your server.

before going much farther i would reinstall the proversion to the public_html/cgi-bin, set up the manager basic settings then test again.
besure to rename your current store (if in the same directory and you are using the default "store" name) temporarily so it wont get overwritten.

rename current store folder from store to store1
install the proversion (it will default to then name "store")
rename the proversion from store to "pro" or store2 or whatever then rename the original store folder back to "store" LOL.

one important thing to check before setting up your cart and ssl is ask support if the ssl url is aliased to an exclusive sub directory of Public_html or can any directory or file be linked? if they alias exclusively then your store needs to be within that subdirectory or ssl wont work and you will get errors.

just trying to help ya get the proversion installed and working. however, these problems will exist regardless of the version. i believe the difference is whether or not it is a cpanel install or not and you should be able to overcome the problems.

if you want to keep going with this just post where your at in the install process and what problems you're encountering. we can try to help fix from here. or pm or email me your credentials and i'll see what i can do.

regards,
dan

Post paypal works offline doesn't 
i set up the multi payments and i can choose paypal but not off line. I uploaded paypal order and offline order lib to the add-ons but when i choose offline i get this error:

%%head_info%% %%StoreHeader%%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're sorry, an error has occured.
Please hit the browser back button, change what was done in error, and try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

%%StoreFooter%%

i have to leave the paypal option because my site is live and getting orders, but i would like to add the mail option also.

i'll appreciate any help. site is www.idtagsforall.com

i fixed that problem, now i need to find where to edit the thank you page of the offline form. where can i find it?. thanks

What, exactly do you want to edit on the "thank-you" page?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
i want to remove categories and search boxes to make it look like a regular confirmation page.

Not sure you can do that because the header and footer is the same all the way through the checkout process...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1