The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SEO - Search Engine Optimization

Having easy to crawl url's can help a lot, below method for linux servers, for windows servers try "Helicon Tech" isapi it does accept the same code below making it nice and easy for mod rewrite

Convert this url
http://pcaccessoriesparts.com/agora/agora.cgi?cart_id=&product=Antec-PC-Cases

Into this
http://pcaccessoriesparts.com/agora/Antec-PC-Cases.html

htaccess file of mine is placed inside the agora cart folder where the agora.cgi resides
.htaccess
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^([^/]*)\.html$ /agora/agora.cgi?cart_id=&product=$1 [L]

Or if you have problems i have a script on my site to take out all the hassles for mod rewite

Mod RewriteTool - Online Computer Sales

Wink

why does the mod rewrite tool reditect to "about:blank"?
d

OK here we go, page is encrypted and sensitive to the correct url

This one works

Mod RewriteTool - Online Computer Sales

i'll look into the solutions to see if they resolve some issues with advanced features in the cart when i have time.
d

since this topic was started much has changed. also, after reading the posts i have found that i assumed the reader understood more than i explained. my bad for poor communication. if i have time maybe i'll do another updated post and try to explain things better.
d

version 5.2.000 and higher negates some of the needs here. Such as mod-rewrite as we've taken out much of the dynamic stuff that caused teh problems, plus we now recognize bots and don't give them the cart ID, if they be friendly (aka search engines)

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
yup. and one of the things i was going to relay is many search engines are capable of indexing dynamic stuff now and one can expect more in the future as well as better indexing... as long as the data is offered up properly.
it still holds true though that some such as the gorilla DMOZ can't and you have to qualify for DMOZ's requirements or you don't get listed anyway. but there are many more minor that can't index dynamic data which can boost one's site popularity. the more place your site is found on the net the better your placement. once you're considered a heavy hitter you can do pretty much anything you want. but until then get those links to your site and get listed and indexed in as many directories (those within your site's theme are best!), web sites and search engines as you can. try to get links to your site from sites that have a google pr of 5 or more.
i heard that 47 cents on the dollar made on the internet is directly related to advertising - on and off the net. but if you do advertise you need to know the ropes. you need to realize that click throughs to your site can bankrupt you overnight. you need to know that where you advertise is targeting your client base.
never enter into a deal where there is no cap (limit) on your advertising liability.
d

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2