The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
changing background colour/image
Post changing background colour/image 
Im new at this and im tring to change the background colour or to put a image there instead, ive looked in the forum and from what i can work out i need to edit this bit in Store CSS file editor.
I have tried changing the background :#FFFFFF; but the background stays white?? am i changing the right bit?? also using 5.2 thanks

body{
background : #FFFFFF;
color: #0000ff;
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
font-size : 10pt;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
min-width: 770px;
/* Internet Explorer doesn't accept min-width therefore we
use the following Dynamic Expression to set the width */
width:expression(document.body.clientWidth < 850 ? "770px" : "100%" );
}
/* ~~~~~~~~~ default hyper links ~~~~~~~~~*/
/* See Template CSS files */
/* ~~~~ Header and Footer File ~~~~ */
.ac_header, .ac_mainbody{
width :100%;
}

background-image : url(agora.cgi?secpicserve=steelgrey.jpg);
background-color : #cccccc;

when i refresh the main page i see the added image for 1 second but then the main page like sits ontop of it with the white background ??
Can someone please point me in right direction as this is a turning into a nite mare Confused

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
http://www.cottonwoodcottage.org/store52/agora.cgi

i have reinstalled it again, for some reason it just dosnt want to display image backgrounds,
i put this in"

background-image : url(/store52/html/images/Peachbackground.jpg);

but it wont display it just stays white , someone needs to make a how to readme for changing the backgrounds as there is very little information about doing this for a learner Sad

From what I can see the image isn't even uploaded to the server...
At least, that's the message I get when I try to bring up the image in the browser...

Also, the URL is incorrect for the image. The URL needs to be relative to the location of the .css file that is calling the image. Therefore, if you have the image in the 'html/images' directory and the .css file is located with the 'agora.cgi' file, then the URL in the .css file should be:
Code:
background-image : url(html/images/Peachbackground.jpg);

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Ok , done that but still no go,You are taking about the "agorastyles.css" ? that is in /public_html/store52 with agora.cgi.
the pics are in image folder, ive been at this now for 15 hrs all up ,give me front page any day!
Is there a desent manual on how to do this ? or even a diagram of the main menu and how it is setup ?Thanks for the help anyway , might just give up on this find something easier

Sorry, but the server is telling me that the image you are trying to use is NOT ON THE SERVER...

It has nothing to do with the store, it has to do with you putting the image on the server, in the correct place... I can't help it if you are not uploading the image to the correct place or maybe, not in the correct format... Make sure you upload the image file to the 'store52/html/images' directory in BINARY mode.

BTW FrontPage is a waste of time and space.... Makes a real mess of files and takes too much control (like a lot of "Microsnot" stuff...)...
I'm an html coder and find that those WYSIWYG editors are pretty much a waste of time.
Dreamweaver is better than FP for editing files, but I still only rarely use that one, plus it needs to be set up so that it won't mess with the original code in the page....

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Ok ive just checked it myself and it is in the right folder as per pic

I dont know why it said it wasnt there , i even downloaded the pic to make sure it works and it does??? .Got my comfused Confused any chance i i give yu the user/password you could have a look please ?? thanks[/img]

Did you notice that you are NOT using the same file name as what you uploaded????????
The filename you are specifying is NOT on the server...
The file name on your server is:
PeachBorder.jpg
NOT Peachbackground.jpg
like you have inputted in your CSS file.........

So, the error is nowhere in the cart, it's between the keyboard and the chair.....
Correct the file name to the actual filename on the server and you might pleasantly surprised...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Dohh!! my misstake !! BUT it still dont work this is what i have put dose it look right?

body{
background-image : url(html/images/Peachborder.jpg);
/* background : #FFFFFF; */
color: #000000;
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
min-width: 770px;
/* Internet Explorer doesn't accept min-width therefore we
use the following Dynamic Expression to set the width */
width:expression(document.body.clientWidth < 850 ? "770px" : "100%" );

You're missing the capital "B" in the file name... File names are case sensitive...
If you don't do things right, they don't work...
It should be:
Code:
background-image : url(html/images/PeachBorder.jpg);

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
due to the dynamic width of the design, putting the image in the body will be of no benefit.

take it out of the body CSS tag and place it in ac_content tag instead. Might help, but not guaranteed.

However, a note on BG images in primary text areas: they clutter a design and should be used sparingly... more like to highlight a certain section of text or design. More than that and it's hard to read the text unless it's a single color or the like or a high contrast situation. You jsut don't want to make it hard on yer visitors eyes as it's known to reduce cart conversions.

ME

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Yes i did spot the case difference after posting but still no changes?? there must be a setting i have wrong for it not to work? as i have it the same as you have told me to do it.Maybe a break from it then have another look thanks Guys

Make sure there isn't a background-color set in the CSS class: 'ac_content'
If there is, it will cover up your background image and you won't be able to see the background image...
The same needs to be done for the 'ac_mainbody' and 'ac_left_nav' classes if you want to be able to see your background image on the left...

If after you've fixed those other CSS classes, and you still can't see your background image,
Try this:
Code:
background-image : url(/html/images/PeachBorder.jpg);

CSS can be tricky, sometimes...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Ok tried all them ideas still nothing but the screen has changed to white background now instead of grey?? i have attached the CSS files here if you could look at them please
http://www.cottonwoodcottage.org/hold/CSS%20files.rar

got it nearly sorted now Very Happy i have one more question the ac_mainbody template how can i separate the botton part of it from the side part? This is in the Custom template, as i want it to be the same colour/image as the product listingspart of the page thanks again Guys Very Happy

Can you please elaborate? I am not quite following what you are asking.
Please be as specific as possible.

Get a Gold Membership
if you go to this link http://www.cottonwoodcottage.org/store52/agora.cgi and go down bottom of page you will see the different background accross the bottom which is part of the ac_mainbody ,i managed to separate the top bit "ac_cart_summary" but can not find a separate bit for the bottom.Also when you click on a Category and it gos to the page with details what is the box called that its displayed in? as i want to change background colour as it is just see through at moment.Also where can i change the category fonts colours? thanks

That is in the footer, the class is: 'ac_bottom_links'
Viewing the source page for the page helps in locating those classes... It may take a litttle effort, but you'll be better off in the long run if you view the source to locate the css classes that are being used in an area.

Product pages files are called productPage.inc files and they are found in the 'html/html-templates' directory.
You might want to take a moment to just look around at the files that are on the server for the store.
Just familiarizing yourself with the names of the files might help... A lot of things are kinda 'common sense' in their naming...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
OK Sorry to be a pain but what do you mean "source page"
Yep no problems i just needed pointing in right direction as i want to learn about this thanks

View the source code for the page through your browser.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1