The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Need Some Help Setting Up Shipping.
Post Need Some Help Setting Up Shipping. 
Hello All,
I am a noob here and am just setting up the shipping configuration for the cart...I need some help.. Is it possible that some that is really good at this stuff can log in and do it for me? I will give them a run down of what I am looking for...Pretty basic.

Please Let me Know.
Thanks!
Aaron
www.secureitall.com

Contact Mister Ed at agoracart.com for one on one support.

Post Have Not Herd Much Back About This... 
Hello Again,
I was looking to see if someone could help me with this. The shipping logic that I am looking to do is quite easy.. Here is the site I am looking to set it up on www.secureitall.com

Thanks!

There have been a number of shipping settings listed here and on the Yahoo group. Post here what you want to do and see what materializes. I'm not good with shipping settings so I wouldn't respond off list to you. But if I can see what you want to do without contacting you personally, I might recognize something that has been posted before and can direct you to that solution.

Post Thanks For The Reply ! 
Hello Souper Mom,
Were you able to look at the site www.secureitall.com ?

We are selling (for the most part) packaged items with specific weight. 5 lbs , 10lbs , etc, and want the buyers information to gather the information needed to generate a shipping cost for USPS and possibly UPS.

If you want to use weights and UPS/USPS then all you have to do is put in the weight for the item on the product screen. Make sure you set SBW in the store manager and get your USPS userid/password. If you have the weights set up correctly, as soon as someone puts in their info, the correct shipping cost will be added to the cart. I use USPS priority mail and have mine set up to use that automatically.

Take a peek: http://www.soupermom.com/teststore/

Follow the info that has been posted before on how to get a USPS login account.

Post USPS Questions 
Dear Supermom, I need to ask some follow up questions when using USPS APIs and building XML request.
I’ve registered with USPS, faxed the Licensing Agreement. But how do I implement the test request into the Agora shipping module. Would I enter the needed information (http://testing.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll into the USPS API URL: window and enter my USER ID and PASSWORD into their windows) on the Program settings/Shipping settings screen? Or should I trust that it works; email USPS, saying that it does work, so I’ll get the Live URL and then go from there.
When I do finally put the Live URL into the USPS API URL: window, do I set the custom shipping logic check box to “no”, and the custom logic check box under that also to “no” and set the SBW shipping module information check box to “yes”? Uurgh, the more I think I’ve figured it out, the more I realize that I don’t.
I like the way yours and Secureitalls shopping carts work. That’s just the look and functionality I want on my shopping cart.
Thanx

Post Question 
Where do I go to get the user name and password for the USPS account?

http://www.usps.com/webtools/rate.htm

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Figured It Out!!! 
Well I have gotten it figured it out!!!

Now I know I saw something on here about disabling some of the shipping options if I dont want to use them like Fedx Ex....How would I do this again..so that the customer does not see this in the drop down.

To choose what shipping you want to offer, set these in the Payment Gateway settings of the manager.
HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Hello Again 
I dont see a place in the payment gateway settings to be able to remove what shippers I am not going to use.

There should be questions like the following in the Payment Gateway settings in the Manager:
Do you offer UPS Ground Residential
Do you offer UPS Ground Commercial
etc...

Get a Gold Membership
Post I Don't See that. 
When I go into the module. I dont see any of those settings.

Get a Gold Membership
Post I’m getting close 
Bonnie, as for HTH? It surly has helped.
I got the shipping all set up to calculate charges using USPS options only. Works great, thats what I wanted.
I’ve decided to use ProPay as my Gateway. As I understand it, the buyer submits order, which is e-mailed to me to process with ProPay.
Only when I run a bogus order using an out of state address as a test, and then click the “Submit Order for Processing” button on the yellow verify page, it goes to a AgoraCart Under Construction Page.
Would that be something in main store settings or maybe the payment gateways screen I need to set?
I’m getting so close.
Thank you, Ken

in the main setting verify that you've set your url and SSL url correctly that is typically the main issue... also check in your payment gateway... make sure you set the URL there as well...

Best of Luck

Post almost there 
Well there ya go. I didn’t have the URL set in the payment gateway screen. Opps
It accepts the test order now.
But now I have a new problem.
When I run the test order, I receive the order confirmation e-mail, but the CC number is X out.
Don’t I need that to use ProPay? Probably wrong place for ProPay gateway question.
Thanks for your help, Ken
Ooo I’m close

Would that be the scramble CC info? Checkbox in the payment gateways screen?
I'd like to be as secure as possible.

the credit card number is split between two different areas... your ordre log and your email.... the reason for this is security... that away it's not in one place so one can't steal it.......

so just check your email/order log and then combine the two numbers....

Best of Luck

Thats the ticket.
I'm live and loven it.
Thanx, Ken

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1