The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
NEW USER HAVING PROBLEMS EDITING PRODUCT PAGE
Post NEW USER HAVING PROBLEMS EDITING PRODUCT PAGE 
Sad
I am very new to this shopping cart. Fortunately I am somewhat computer literate, but I am retired and trying to create this store to suppliment my Social Security income. I was able to edit the about page,contact us pages etc, however I don't know how to edit the actul product page to change the default verbage on it. Also I was experimenting with the add products and put a product up there, uploaded the picture. The product description and price turns out great, but no picture.
Please can someone help me. the site that i am working with is:
http://www.rkwisdom.info/agora

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
The 1st thing I notice about your store is that the store URL set up in the Primary/Core Settings manager is breaking the "2 dot rule". You need to change the store URL to be:
http://www.rkwisdom.info/agora/agora.cgi
The www. at the beginning will satisfy the "2 dot rule".
Also, make sure that there are no leading or trailing spaces in the URL.

Next, also, in the Primary/Core Settings the following settings must be as follows, nothing else should be in these fields:
URL of Imges:
Code:
html/images

Self Serve Images? NO

disk path of images:
Code:
./html/images

That should take care of the problem with the images...

As for "...I don't know how to edit the actul product page to change the default verbage on it..",
There isn't any verbiage on the product page... The text that appears on the product page is drawn from the product information in the database. So to edit verbiage for a product, edit the description of the product and other fields in the Product Add/Edit managers...
If you are talking about something else, you will need to be more specific about what, exactly, you are wanting to edit.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Product Picture still dont show up 
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY FOR YOUR HELP.
I have done what you said in the previous post. The image still does not show up. The only one i uploaded is when you go to the website http://rkwisdom.info/agora
In the Catagories on the left of the page where I have put in Vehicles and Boats I have added a motor home, and when you click on it. It does give the description I put in but not the picture.
As far as the verbage on the product page I am referring to the title "OPEN SOURCE FREE SHOPPING CART" and also the instructions at the bottom: i.e.
Features include: Web-based administration, UPS or fixed-rate shipping, Spreadsheet/Database import of store catalog, PGP/GnuPG ready, Feature-Packed online Store Manager, and much more!
The page you are currently viewing is called index.html and resides in the /html sub directory. You should ONLY be viewing this page by accessing agora.cgi, NOT by linking directly to this page. By default, AgoraCart loads this page as the homepage.

Download the source and view the source code for this page (Don't just view

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post Problems with configuring shopping cars 
I forgot to put the www in the link above. lol
www.rkwisdom.info/agora

Okay, the reason why the image for the product you added isn't showing up is that just because you selected the image to be uploaded, it DOES NOT automatically link the image chosen with that particular product. You need to input the image's file name in the "Image File" field in the Product Add/Edit screen...

The text you are talking about is NOT A PRODUCT PAGE... It is the front page of the store.
That file is the 'index.html' file that is in the 'html' directory of the store.
Remember to download/upload the file in ASCII mode for editing and make a backup of the original files *before* editing the file.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
THANK YOU THANK YOU Again very helpful!! Images are finally showing up. There is a red x mark near the quanity which makes me think something should be there. What is that? Also I edited the index.html under the agora/html folder, but the same thing is showing??? i used front page to edit it.

In the Primary/Core Settings choose a different buttonset, hit the submit button.
Then go back and choose the buttonset you want and hit the submit button again.
The broken image next to the quantity box should now load up an "Add to Cart" button.

It doesn't look like you uploaded the edited index.html file to the 'agora/html' directory...
Try reuploading it again.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post the html 
Can't I use the host html online editor or Front Page to do this? Because thats how I edited it. First I renamed the old index to index1 and then I edited the page and saved it as index.htm, but it still does not work. But when I go into the Cpanel and view it, it shows its changed, but accessing via internet it is the old way.

No, you CANNOT edit the files of AgoraCart using FrontPage or the cpanel editor.
You will want to download the files in ASCII mode to your local computer.
Then use a plain HTML editor to edit the page.
Reupload the file to the server in ASCII mode.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post the button set? 
Gosh I can't thank you enough for your help.. I feel so overwhelmed. This buttonset thing. I went into the core settings and spent a great deal of time looking for even the word buttonset and failed to find it. Can you be more specific where this is? Sorry to take up so much of your time.
Sad
Karen

Primary/Core Settings -> Store Header/Footer/Buttons Section

Get a Gold Membership
Post WOW FINALLY GOT MY CART CONFIGURED 
Very Happy WOW who is happier that I finally got this thing configured. You or I. Talk about intimidating!! Your a life saver.. Everything works now!!
Thank you so very much!!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1