The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
UPS Shipping
Post UPS Shipping 
Have read the piece on using UPS WebTools but am still having trouble

Am using Agora cart 5.X

Regarding comment in tutorial
"............... go into the Shipping Settings Manager and enter your username in the the "username" field. Delete anything that is in the "password" field (including any spaces)."

I dont have a username fiels - is this norma or is there something else that turns it on?

My stor is getting hung when it tries to access this module.

MY checkout page was reachable using a non-ups option, but authorizeNet_orderforn has now been edited to allow only UPS

Any ideas would help - i'm kinda stuck here

Thanks

Steve

Post A Little more 
OK here is something else

When i try and use a UPS shipping option i get an error that says

Error Occured: Can't bind:Permission denied

That's a problem, probably with the hosting...
What is the URL to your store?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Follow up 
Wow - i have had a difficult battle.

I amn writing this only as an FYI that it may help someone in the future

Eventually ipower fixed this by doing the following
QUOTE++++++++++++++
I have changed the setting for $sc_use_socket to "LWP" in the config file. Now the store is working fine. Could you please check it from your end?
++++++++++++++++

So it worked for about a day and a half

Now its intermittant. Anyone seenanything like this? I will keep this forum advised on my progress (or lack thereof)

Interesting that when i looked at other hosts - a top rated host "StartLogic" is actually the same company as ipower same product, same miserable tech support

Steve

Post Also....... 
My Error log is quite active, does it benifit anyone to see this- or is there a tutorial that tells how to read it?

S

Post Here is the error log 
It is pretty repetitive - couls it have something to do wil my store not webbing out to UPS??

DATE=Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 15:09:53|CONTENT_LENGTH: 67|CONTENT_TYPE: application/x-www-form-urlencoded|DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/users/web/b1885/ipw.tdiheads/public_html|DOCUMENT_URI: /cgi-bin/ac5/agora.cgi|GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1|HTTP_ACCEPT: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/pdf, */*|HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate|HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us|HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL: no-cache|HTTP_CONNECTION: Keep-Alive|HTTP_COOKIE: cart_id=373942.31111; __utmb=129220948|HTTP_HOST: tdiheads.ipower.com|HTTP_UA_CPU: x86|HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)|PATH: /bin:/usr/bin|PHPRC: /home/users/web/b1885/ipw.tdiheads/public_html|QUERY_STRING: |REMOTE_ADDR: 65.3.192.66|REMOTE_HOST: adsl-3-192-66.mia.bellsouth.net|REMOTE_PORT: 42980|REQUEST_METHOD: POST|REQUEST_URI: /cgi-bin/ac5/agora.cgi|SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/users/web/b1885/ipw.tdiheads/public_html/cgi-bin/ac5/agora.cgi|SCRIPT_NAME: /cgi-bin/ac5/agora.cgi|SCRIPT_URI: http://tdiheads.ipower.com/cgi-bin/ac5/agora.cgi|SCRIPT_URL: /cgi-bin/ac5/agora.cgi|SERVER_ADMIN: cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com|SERVER_NAME: tdiheads.ipower.com|SERVER_PORT: 80|SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1|SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache|TZ: EST5EDT|
FILE OPEN ERROR-|FILE=./library/agora_order_lib.pl|LINE=1960|

Post Here is the odd thing!!!!!!!! 
When the cart fails to link to ups, clicking 'back' and then clicking 'submit query' again ALWAYS produces the same ERROR even if i change the zip and shipping info

When the cart links OK to ups, clicking 'back' and then clicking 'submit query' again ALWAYS produces the same SUCESSFULL result even if i change the zip and shipping info

To change the condition from fail to non fail (or vice versa) i have to go all the way back to the Products pages and change the contents od the cart!!

Is this wacky or what?

Any ideas

https://tdiheads.ipower.com/cgi-bin/ac5/agora.cgi?product=ALL

use 'srd' as both the password and login

Steve

Bail! Bail!
Run as fast as you can from iPower.....
Before you don't have any hair left or are a puddle on the floor....

You can find some good hosts at:
http://resources.scottcrew.com

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I too am with iPower and experiencing similar problems.

I GET the "Run Forest Run" Bonnie, BUT in all fairness I have been with iPower since Nov 2004 and things have worked.

The change of platform, and installing v5 is where my problems started.

In v4.0K-3 (still running on the old platform and hostxxx.ipowerweb.com/~mysite/cgi-bin) allowed the use of the LWP file.

In v5.0 the shipping manager states:

"How do you wish to connect to UPS (non-XML) / USPS XML? If perl is installed in a fairly modern way,
then the LWP library should be present. If not, then the http-lib has been included here as a backup.
Note: UPS (non-XML) works only on http-lib. USPS XML works on both."

Under the heading "UPS-United Parcel Service" this appears:

"Note: this UPS module is not the most accurate version and should be used for approximations only.
please use the "members only" UPS XML version for more accurate rating services."

The way I read this, NOT using the UPS XML version and the LWP file appears to be my problem.

Will upgrading to the Gold version and pro membership solve my problems??

With "How do you wish to connect to UPS (non-XML)" set to "http-lib" the cart hangs trying to go to step 2.

With "How do you wish to connect to UPS (non-XML)" set to "LWP" 0 or 1 lb total cart contents will go to step 2 and complete!

Weights of 2 lbs hang the cart.

UPS XML, available with the Gold version with booster pack and is more accurate.
But, you should really be using http-lib method with v5.x and not LWP...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

I GET the "Run Forest Run" Bonnie, BUT in all fairness I have been with iPower since Nov 2004 and things have worked.

I have had lots of experience with iPower... They are truly a poor host. They have been difficult to work with since forever... I tried using their hosting back in early 2004 and had nothing but f r u s t r a t i o n from the 1st day I signed up for their hosting... Never could get my site up and running properly and they kept blaming me for the problems. I tried for 22 days to work with them.... Never got anything working.... I switched hosts, and within 1 day, I had my site up and running ready to accept orders...
Over the years, I have heard horror story after horror story of poor customer service, one problem after another, etc....
Honestly, there ARE easier host to work for that are MUCH more reliable and at a lower cost...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
The http-lib hangs the cart EVERYTIME!
Could this be a cgi thing?
my v4 url is:
http://host262.ipowerweb.com/~thehatla/cgi-bin/ecommerce/ac/agora.cgi?
I am using the LWP file there and everything works fine.

my new v5 url is:
http://www.thehatlady.com/cart/agora.cgi
and as I have described the cart hangs when using the UPS module.

Did I make a mistake NOT putting the v5 instal in the cgi-bin folder?

Thanks

Honestly, I think it is an iPower thing...
iPower requires cgi scripts to be installed in the cgi-bin.

Get a Gold Membership
well I am getting the same error also on -- startlogic.com

Can't bind:Permission denied

all settings are same as above, except for some reason no errors showing up in error log!

www.byrnepaint.com

so i guess i'm asking what should i talk to startlogic about to see if they can change anything?

-marty

lol i should read carefully i see ipower=startlogic

I'd look for a new web host now... I've been hearing problem after problem about startlogic.
Save yourself the trouble and get a good web host...

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1