The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Paypal custom messages not showing on business/xclick page
Post Paypal custom messages not showing on business/xclick page 
Hello, I don't believe this has been answered on the forums thus far, as I've searched high and low before I posted this. So here's my problem:

I had my store fully installed, customized... everything set, but ran into this problem and reinstalled agoracart entirely.

Everything is functional, but when I edit either of the custom message fields on the paypal gateway config management page.. they will not show up once I click "Pay now with paypal". It goes to the paypal site, has their info all filled in, shows my custom store name with the invoice number, etc, but I just can't seem to get the messages to appear. I desperately need them too because I need to provide my customers with a phone number to call to pay by phone if they do not wish to sign up for paypal... I need to do it from that paypal page because clicking on the paypal link sends me the customers invoice... which I need if they decide to call in to pay... so that we do not have to ask for all of their info over again and the item(s) and options they've selected on the site.

Any suggestions? As I said, I completely reinstalled everything, did the initial setup, and the paypal setup. So before I go ahead and customize everything again, I want to solve this problem.

You can view my site at www.PCMed1.com/store

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks,
Josh

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
I can't check anything in your store as you have NO PRODUCTS to add to the cart and run through the checkout process to see what is happening...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Oops... you must have checked my store as I was updating it from the example products to my products.

I've added a few products and will continue to add more. Hope to hear from you again, and thank you very much for your support.

Josh

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Not sure where the problem is, will await a response, but here is the code in my PayPal-user_lib.pl file:

Code:
$sc_gateway_username = 'snuggles420@gmail.com';
$sc_button_image_URL = "https://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but6.gif";
$sc_paypal_change = "agora.cgi?secpicserve=make_changes.gif";
$sc_order_script_url = "https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business";
$sc_paypal_order_name = 'PC Med - Need Help? Call Toll-Free 1-877-258-1425, INV# ';
$sc_paypal_order_number = '$sc_verify_inv_no';
$sc_currency_id = "USD";
$sc_paypal_address_override = '1';
$sc_paypal_top_message = qq'If you do not want to pay via paypal and wish to place your credit card order over the phone. Feel free to contact us, Toll-Free, at 1-877-258-1425';
$sc_paypal_shipping_message = qq'this is a test shipping message josh';
$sc_paypal_special_message = qq'';
$sc_use_custom_paypal_url_logic = qq'no';
$sc_custom_paypal_url_logic = qq``;
$sc_paypal_verify_message = qq'';
$sc_display_checkout_tos = "no";
$sc_tos_display_address = qq'PC Med<br>
PO BOX 702<br>
Derby, VT 05829<br>
802-334-0101';
$order_ok_final_msg_tbl = qq'Thank you for your purchase! Email confirmation has been sent.';
#
1;# We are a Library

Ahhh... Have you edited the PayPal-orderform.html file?
If so, it looks like you either did not download or upload the file in ASCII mode.
That is why your messages are not showing up...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
that's probaby it... I did edit that file. However, I use SmartFTP... and I thought it auto-uploaded it in ASCII format... perhaps I'm wrong. Is there anyway to fix this when it happens to files? I'll try redownloading the file and upload it with notepad instead of wordpad... maybe that will make a difference.... i dont know

www.VermontOriginals.com
Well... you cannot edit files using wordpad...
You need to use something like EditPad Lite.

SmartFTP doesn't automatically know which file types should be in ASCII mode.
FileZilla does better at this...

You will probably need to download the .tgz file of the cart and unzip these default files onto your local computer. Then upload the file in ASCII mode to the server.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1