The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
PayPal troubles-after hitting 'pay with paypal'
Post PayPal troubles-after hitting 'pay with paypal' 
Hello people,
here's my trouble?.. I am using vers 5 and set up paypal as my only gateway.. orders go fine until one hits the 'pay with paypal' button and then the next link is the paypal basic login page and NOT my paypal store payment page where credit card info is used to finalize purchase..alhtoug I still get a confirm email afterwards? any ideas? BTW I followed the user vers 5 manual instructions for using paypal as my gateway..
any help welcome
thx
Saxman

URL to store, please...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
OK in the meantime I found the trouble.. I had changed the 'Secure URL to your Gateway's server' slot to the url that is shown on the 'how to set up paypal' page from the users manual... ( "URL to the PayPal Payment Gateway (should not ever need to be changed. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr... " copied directly from the maual entry)

After my post , I had the silly idea of finding the default entry to the 'Secure URL to your Gateway's server' when one selects paypal the first time in Version 5 . I changed back to the original one ( https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business ) and all is well.. Thx for your quick reply Scottcrew
all the same.

Post Re: PayPal troubles-after hitting 'pay with paypal' 
saxman wrote:
Hello people,
here's my trouble?.. I am using vers 5 and set up paypal as my only gateway.. orders go fine until one hits the 'pay with paypal' button and then the next link is the paypal basic login page and NOT my paypal store payment page where credit card info is used to finalize purchase..alhtoug I still get a confirm email afterwards? any ideas? BTW I followed the user vers 5 manual instructions for using paypal as my gateway..
any help welcome
thx
Saxman

I had everything working, but now I'm running into this exact problem. However, I have the URL set to the default... Xclick/business or business/xclick... whatever the default is... that's what's in place. WHen it redirects to the paypal login page, I did not, however, that the proper info in contained within the url... for example... when I submitted a test order, my url was as follows:

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=snuggles420%40gmail.com&item_name=PC+Med+-+Need+Help?+Call+Toll-Free+1-877-258-1425,+INV%23+1208025346&item_number=1208025346&amount=1113.99&currency_code=USD&no_shipping=1&bn=AgoraCart&address_override=1&first_name=test+3&last_name=IE7&address1=asdf&city=asdf&state=VT&zip=03432&return=http%3A//pcmed1.com/store/agora.cgi%3Fppret%3D3150535.29256

What am I doing wrong? Is it paypal?

-Josh

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
We need to see your store and we need to be able add products to the cart to see what is happening...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I'm sorry I stretched this thread out with that long url.

Anyways, I've began adding products to my store. You can try to add them and proceed with the paypal checkout process if you have a minute.

I would really appreciate your input.

Josh

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Get a Gold Membership

I was (possibly still am) having a problem viewing custom messages on paypal payment page... anyways, now I can't even get to that page. I reuploaded the .pl file in ascii mode, along with the paypal html file in ascii mode... still no go. It takes me to paypal's account login page... and it's not because of cookies either. Not that I know of anyways.

Josh

www.VermontOriginals.com
ok, you were right about the ascii... i reuploaded the 2 paypal files forcing smartFTP to transfer in ascii. However, that only helped me get to the correct payment page with the customer's prefilled info... it still refuses to show the custom messages there. You can try for yourself, I won't edit anything else until I hear something from someone.

http://www.pcmed1.com/store

www.VermontOriginals.com
You need a new copy of the default files...
Please see your other thread for how to get a copy of the default AgoraCart files.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1