The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
How do you select what Product Page is being used?
Post How do you select what Product Page is being used? 
Having limited HTML, PERL, CGI knowledge and being completely new to Agora, let alone Shopping Carts I have done fairly well at manipulating the Agora format to the way I want it.

However, now I am working with my products, and I am confused! I have read many entries on what the different ppinc pages do and how they look... but what I dont understand is how you select which one your going to use?...and where?

Your help is greatly appreciated from a new newbie!

Post RE: How do you select what Product Page is being used? 
hell-o
look in the store/html/html-templates folder.
you will see a bunch of files named productPage-whatever.inc or maybe no dash. as long as it has .inc as an extension and productPage preceeding the "-" you can use it to display the products in the process below.
go to your website then go to your store. pic a category to view.

in your browser address bar you will see something like:

http://www.yourdomain.com/store/agora.cgi?cart_id stuff&product=yourproduct&xm=on

don't worry whether or not the stuff in your address bar is exactly like that. just append the end of the url with this:

&ppinc=

so using the example above it will look like this:

http://www.yourdomain.com/store/agora.cgi?cart_id stuff&product=yourproduct&xm=on&ppinc=

now all you have to do is add whatever is after the dash on the productPage.inc you want to use for testing. for example. in the example above to test productPage-2a.inc you would add only the 2a like so:

http://www.yourdomain.com/store/agora.cgi?cart_id stuff&product=yourproduct&xm=on&ppinc=2a

then hit enter and the store will display your products with the productPage-2a.inc

to test with 4a it would look like this:

http://www.yourdomain.com/store/agora.cgi?cart_id stuff&product=yourproduct&xm=on&ppinc=4a

you can just keep entering the ppincs you want to view until you find one that looks good with your layout.

once you find the one you want to use as the default then go to the html-templates folder and rename your productPage.inc file to productPage.in_
then rename the file you want as the default ppinc to productPage.inc it is case sensitive so be careful with the P in page.
now whenever anyone views the products they will be displayed with that producPage file.
regards,
dan

I tried what you said about testing the layout by utilizing the &ppinc at the end of the URL. Worked great the very first time I did it. I selected 4a and it was the layout I wanted with the exception of no view cart option after I selected the "More Info".

However, it knowing that I am going to have options, and many with these products, I decided to add a generic (from the list) "gift" option to one of the products so I could see if it came up under "More Info" or under the first product listing. (Store Manager)

After I did... when I went back and tried the test again... I got the following message.

Quote:
I'm sorry, no matches were found. Please try your search again.

In thinking maybe there was a problem because I added an option, I removed it, and then tried again. BUT, I got the same message again?

So I tried another category, and I tried a different &ppinc selection (2a) rather than the (4a) I have been using. Again, I got the same message as above?????

I'm woried about making any kind of a permanent change now in the files, as I dont know whats wrong with it?

Post Having Same Problem with Changing productPage.inc 
JCDylan,

Did you ever resolve your problem? I came up with the same error, only all I did was change productPage-1a.inc's name to productPage.inc. I wanted to use the single product display.

Once I changed the name through my FTP client, I then got the "I'm sorry, no matches were found. Please try your search again." message when I clicked on a Category that was previously diplaying products.

In an attempt to fix, I went back and renamed the original productPage.inc file to "productPage.inc". I still got the same error.

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Lynn
Post re: Having Same Problem with Changing productPage.inc 
hell-o
oops. sorry i didn't respond to the last post by sam. shortly after his post he requested me in the mentor program. was a while ago and not sure what he did improperly but we got it fixed and much more.

this must be a user error and i'm not sure what or why this happened.
if you renamed while in ftp and didn't download then you should be ok. if you have downloaded and uploaded for name changes be sure it's done in ascii with the inc files. but that probably isn't the issue.
try deleteing all temp files for your browser and dumping the cookies. close the browser then reopen and go back to your website and check.

please post a url to your store and i'll take a look at it.

regards,
dan

Post Is it b/c there's no agorascript? 
Thanks, Dan.

http://www.shopthefishhook.com/store/agora.cgi

I've got the -1a.inc file named "productPage.inc". I did rename it through the FTP client.

Can the problem be becasue there's no agorascript in the 1a file - do I need to add it? Can I?

Lynn
Post No, that's not it 
OK. Changed the original productPage.inc file back. Then added a new product in a new category, and it was displayed. But the old category still got the error message.

So, let me try the -1a file again, add yet another new product in a new category and see if I get the same result.

Lynn
Post RE: Is it b/c there's no agorascript? 
hell-o
cool site.

the ppinc will render without agorascript.

i suspect that your category naming is (or will be) a problem.
there is no productPage-1a.inc in your store files currently (or named wrong).

please remove everything after the comment tag in your header file:

<!--END HEADER TABLE-->

</BODY>
</HTML>

those two tags aren't supposed to be there.

have to run. will be back in an hour or two.

regards,
dan

Post Seems to be working with the new category 
I renamed the 1a file to "productPage.inc again and now it seems to work with the new product and new category. But still doesn't work with the old. Maybe it has something to do with the new item just being a tester and not having images or options associated with it. I hope not.

So I'll just recreate the items in the other category - only 3 items so far, thankfully, and trust that everything will work.

Will let you know, Dan, if I need additional help.

Thanks.

Lynn
Post It must be the Category Naming, then 
I'll remove those tags in the header.inc file.

And I'll keep my category names to one word - I was hoping to be able to hyphenate, so as not to have to build extra category static pages. But I guess not. The hyphenated files worked with the orginal productPage.inc file - but maybe not without the agorascript as omitted in 1a.

Thanks, Dan. I'll let you know if the category renaming doesn't work.

Lynn
Post It was the Apostrophe! 
Dan,

Thanks for the tip. It was the apostrophe in the category name that tripped things up. Thanks a bunch.

Lynn
i see you figured it out. that's great!
be careful when and where you add special characters. the dash in the product name is ok, i think. underscore is the usual way to eliminate spaces.
anyway, good job.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1