The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Send Invoice Only - Customer Does Not Pay With Shopping Cart
Post Send Invoice Only - Customer Does Not Pay With Shopping Cart 
Hello.

I am using Agoracart for my store. I would like to have the customer be able to utilize the shopping cart and submit the order, but not pay for the order with the shopping cart. In other words, I would like to have the user enter quantities for items, add to cart, review cart, enter zip code, email address, name, address and submit order. I would then like to email the customer with a total invoice that includes the product price, shipping, tax, etc.. Then they will pay separately using PayPal or other means. I realize that this is more of a hassle for the customer, but this is what I want to do at this point. This would be similar to how this is handled with eBay. You send the customer an invoice after the auction is finished, they then pay with PayPal, you then ship the product.

I am using 4.0K-4b standard, which I realize may be really old at this point.

1) In this case, what would be the Primary Payment Gateway that I need to select? I can't seem to find options in the Agoracart manager that are suitable for this method.

2) What else do I need to do so that I can simply receive just the purchase information from the customer regarding product, quantity, zip code, email, Name, address?

3) Anything else I need to know?

Thanks.

use the offline orderform. set it up in the manager to not accept credit cards or purchase orders or checks (mail in only). where it says do you want to allow a submit button for mail orders select yes.
d

I've selected Offline, but I cannot find an option to disable the credit card entirely. In addition, I cannot find any place it says "do you want to allow a submit button for mail orders". Here are the options in the "Payment Gateway" window:

Create a browser receipt after order completion? - here I selected "no"

Allowed Payment Methods (in addtion to Credit Cards): - here I selected "no" for both check and purchase order

Perform a rough validation of CC info? Attempts to determine if the Credit Card number is a mathematically valid number and has not expired. (Experimental) - here I selected "no"

Visa and Master Cards are accepted by default. Please indicate if you accept Discover and American Express - here I selected "no" for both. Note that it says "Visa and Master Cards are accepted by default". Can I really disable the credit card?

Also again, where is the selection to allow a submit button for mail orders? Can't find this one.

Thanks for your time.

oh sorry! i neglected to consider you're using 4.0k-4b even though you posted that you did!
this can be done on your older version but the latest is set up already without extensive hacking to allow for this.
can you install the current version?
d

I'm scared to install the latest version. I don't really want to take the chance of messing up what I currently have, and to take the risk of not getting everything imported correctly into the new version. I have many custom files already, header files, footer files, product page, etc.. I'm afraid if I change it I won't remember everything I did to get it in its current state. Maybe it's easier than I think.

How easy is the hack? If you tell me what file to modify and what to modify I can do it.

well the easiest way for starters is to make the purchase order option checked. then in the purchase order text box put a message like...
Order Notification Only - Non-Payment
or something to that effect indicating that no payment has been made. you can change this in the store/html/forms/Offline-orderform.html file. make a backup of your current file then change this:
Code:

<!--agorascript-pre
if ("$sc_allow_pay_by_PO" =~ /yes/i) {
return q~
<TR>
<TD COLSPAN="2">Puchase Order:<INPUT TYPE="radio"
NAME="Ecom_Payment_Card_Type" ~ .

&vform_check("Ecom_Payment_Pay_Type","PO","Checked") .

q~ VALUE="PO">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; PO Number:<INPUT TYPE="text"
NAME="Ecom_Payment_PO_Number" 
VALUE="$vform_Ecom_Payment_PO_Number" 
size="40" MAXLENGTH="40"></TD>
</TR>

<TR>
<TD COLSPAN="2"><FONT SIZE="-1"><hr></FONT></TD>
</TR>~;
} else {return '';}
-->

to this...
Code:

<INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="Ecom_Payment_Card_Type" VALUE="PO" checked>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; PO Number:<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="Ecom_Payment_PO_Number"  VALUE="Order Notification Only - Non-Payment"></TD>
</TR>

upload in ascii. then test. for now don't use any credit card information. just be sure the PO radio is checked. fill out the info and submit then submit again to get emails and order log. take a look at the order log and emails to make sure it says purchase order with the message. if everything works out ok then let me know for more information. if you have any errors then let me know. i'm kinda doing this off the top of my head but should work. however, there will be more that need to be done to clean things up but not until this basic technique is working properly.
d

Is it really necessary to put this purchase order code in place? I don't need a PO number, or a PO number box with text inside. Can't I just edit all the credit card entries fields and payment information fields out of the Offline-orderform.html file? I've actually already started doing this now that you've pointed me to the Offline-orderform.html file.

I just want the offline form to show the shipping information entries for and the email address. The buyer will then hit the verify order button.

After editing out all the entries I do not need / do not want, I tried it. The page worked correctly for the entries, but after I hit the verify order button, I got a bunch of error message such as "name not entered", "address not entered", "credit card information not entered", etc.. I'm wondering if these are related to the lack of having the payment information entry and credit card information entry areas.

Is there another file that I need to edit so that the agoracart software doesn't check for the payment information and credit card information fields after they are entered into the offline form?

Other thoughts regarding the PO field? Will this method I suggested not work? Something I'm missing?

Thanks again. Your help is greatly appreciated.

With a shopping cart, you need some sort of payment method...
The PO option will satisfy that requirement and is really the easiest and best way to handle it...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
there is logic to my process. once the po satisfies the cart then you make it hidden. there are other steps you need to follow but i cannot follow along on a process i am not familiar with. sorry, no time. if you would like to follow the process i intended then that's ok. otherwise, post issue you encounter and hopefully i or someone esle can help out.
d

OK. I did what you asked me to do. The offline order page had the PO box at the top. The radio button was highlighted/checked. Here's the order information I received in my email that I also see in the order log (I don't see anything about a purchase order, but it seemed to work in that I got the email):

Order Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008 at 21:18:07
Gateway: Offline

--PRODUCT INFORMATION--

Quantity: 1
Product: Monti Cap - Green (3 inch Frag) ($ 20.00 ea.)
Options:
Cost (each): $ 20.00
Item Subtotal: $ 20.00
Wt. each: 1
Total Wt.: 1

--ORDER INFORMATION--

CUSTID: 2040005.9683
INVOICE: 1215051483
SUBTOTAL: $ 20.00
TOTAL: $ 20.00
METHOD: XXXX
NUMBER: XXXXXXXX12345678
EXP: Month: 1 Day: 28 Year: 2010
CVV2: 356
DESCRIPTION: Online Order

BILLING INFORMATION --------------

NAME: Joe Smith
ADDRESS: 123 Smith St.
CITY: Smith
STATE: CA
ZIP: 12345
PHONE: 123-123-1234
EMAIL: Joe@aol.com

SHIPPING INFORMATION --------------

SHIP VIA:
NAME: Joe Smith
ADDRESS: 123 Smith St.
CITY: Smith
STATE: CA
ZIP: 12345

ORDER NOTES -------------------

Order originated from IP ADDR: XXXXXX

Special Notes:
Please send invoice.

METHOD: XXXX
NUMBER: XXXXXXXX12345678
d

So what did I do wrong? Is there something else we need to do? The PO box showed up on the offline order page.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Right now I have the shopping cart disabled though.

Can I fake out the shopping cart by putting fake credit card, etc. information in the offline-orderform.html to make it think it got the values it needed? Also edit the code that generates the order log by commenting out the code that prints the credit card content?

I figured out what I needed to do. Took me awhile to locate the code, but I eventually found it.

1) I went back to the original Offline-orderform.html file. I then edited out everything I did not want (credit card fields, shipping address - just have the single billing address fields, and the phone number field). With this modification alone, I get the errors "You forgot to enter credit card...", etc..

2) I then found the following code in the Offline-order_lib.pl file:

@sc_order_form_required_fields = ("Ecom_BillTo_Postal_Name_First",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_Name_Last",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_Street_Line1",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_City",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_StateProv",
"Ecom_BillTo_PostalCode",
"Ecom_BillTo_Telecom_Phone_Number",
"Ecom_BillTo_Online_Email",
"Ecom_Payment_Card_Type",
"Ecom_Payment_Card_Number");

I changed it to:

@sc_order_form_required_fields = ("Ecom_BillTo_Postal_Name_First",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_Name_Last",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_Street_Line1",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_City",
"Ecom_BillTo_Postal_StateProv",
"Ecom_BillTo_PostalCode",
"Ecom_BillTo_Online_Email");

Note that I got rid of the field for the phone number as well as the two credit card required fields. Therefore, the store no longer checks to see if the user entered this information (they didn't enter it because I commented out this entry fields/boxes in the Offline-orderform.html file.

This may not be the cleanest solution, but it works. The user is able to use the shopping cart and only enters his name, address, and email at checkout. I will then send him an invoice so that he can pay with PayPal.

Now I just need to find the code that prints out all of the order log entries (content in the order log). Want to get rid of the ones I don't care about.

Thanks.

That is in the same file you just edited...

Get a Gold Membership
jsut a note, if you installed the cart via cpanel, the upgrade may happen without your involvement. the system admin may get tired of all the notices that the cart is very old and force the upgrade. Since you have customized it heavily, it will be a problem. The newer version is more flexible this way.

The old version is just too darn old and not worth keeping now for so many reasons if your hosting server is up to date. It's like choosing an old mare horse with a broken leg when it's right next to a healthy and strong stallion that is ready to go to work.

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1