The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Sales Tax reporting
Post Sales Tax reporting 
I sell to people all over the country but am in California, so only charge sales tax on California Sales. Is there a way to see a breakdown of my sales divided by ca and non-ca, as well as the sales tax collected for those sales so I can get the correct amount to the State as required?

the gold version (might be a booster pack item... can't remember) has a sales report funtion. it reports gross and net sales and total tax collected. there are other features as well for order logging.
d

You should have some sort of offline bookkeeping system that you can track all of that.
Hard copies of detailed sales receipts, etc... Or use bookkeeping software.
(I use MYOB, I found it able to handle all of the things I do in my business from services, building inventory and redistribution of products at a relatively lower cost than the big names like QuickBooks and Peachtree that couldn't handle all of my needs in 1 software package.)
If you don't have those things you had better start developing a bookkeeping system.
You would have a hard time when dealing with the taxing authorities (income & sales tax) if you are ever audited... Cover yourself and keep proper records...
The shopping cart is not designed to be your bookkeeping system...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I have a bookkeeping system, but my online sales are run through this site, so I need to get info from this site in order to keep my bookkeeping up to date? Is there no reporting function here?

Sales from any online store should be transferred to your main bookkeeping system.
There is not a way to download this information from the cart to your bookkeeping, though.
Your online sales should be combined with your regular offline sales into 1 bookkeeping system.
That way all of your sales records are together.

Dan is correct there is a custom sales report feature in the Gold version that will report total sales tax collected, though.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Lifetime package 
If I wanted to purchase the Gold package would this be included in the lifetime member price for $55?

The custom sales reports that would show sales tax collected would be available in the v5.5 Gold version available only to AgoraCart members ($55 membership would do it).

Get a Gold Membership
Post I purchased the software but its not showing up 
I purchases both the lifetime membership and the booster pack of the gold version but nothing has change in my system how do I know that it has been update? Or what do I need to do to update to the Gold besides making the purchase?

It can take up to 5 business days to activate your membership.
You will receive an activation email when it is set up.

Then, you will need to install v5.5 Gold and transfer over your data.file and customized files from your v5.2 store.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Could you explain in more detail how to transfer over the data.file and how I need to customize the files from my v5.2 store. Also is there anything else I need to know about downloading 5.5 besides just clicking on it in the download section for Gold members?

Once you get into the member's forum, you will be able to find a post on upgrading to v5.5.
That will give detailed information on what changes need to be done to the files.
As for transferring the data.file, just download the file from the v5.2 store to your local computer in ASCII mode, then upload, in ASCII mode to the v5.5 store...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1