The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
removing graphics
Post removing graphics 
I would like to know how I can remove the graphics from the item descriptions. I just want to have a small discription without a photo of each item.

thanks, Biro

go to the producPage.inc file you're using and remove the %%image%% token.
regards,
dan

Post image removal 
Will this allow me to do indavidual pages or will it do all of them? and if it is individual where in the directory tree would I find the page I need.

Thanks, Biro

Post RE: image removal 
hell-o
sounds like you're using the default productPage.inc so removing the image token from that file will remove the images from all product displays generated by the dB.

the productPage.inc can be found in store/html/html-templates.

all inc files should be edited with a plain text editor such as notepad or an html editor which doesn't auto correct or change the code in any way.

xfer the files from your server via ftp in ascii mode only.

look in the store/protected/docs folder in the html.txt file for more tokens you can add to display information automatically if you need other stuff.

regards,
dan

Post images 
I would like to take images off of certain pages noy all of them. is there a way to do that?

Biro

If you just want to do it on certain products, then your best option would be to create a small 1x1 pixel image and call it something like "noimage.gif" and insert that as your product image. It is so small that no one will see it and it will keep the default "No Image Available" image from being loaded because your image field is blank on the product information page in the manager. Leave the product page layout alone.

another option would be using different productPages.... this woud be good if the non image descriptions are in a seperate category and the image descriptions are in there own category as well.... but if they are mixed and match soupermom's method is best....

Best of Luck

Post image removal 
THANKS! I really like the idea of changing the default image to a small size. where would I find the original "no image available" to change it to a small one.

Awesome Idea!
Thanks, Biro

Best of Luck

Do you mean it is in < Public_html/cgi-bin/store/html/images > Thats a little different than just <html/images folder> For us newbies that makes a world of difference. I would just like to be sure thats where I am going to put it and the file I want to replace is <notavailable.gif>

Thanks!

Biro

There is only one notavailable.gif file that comes standard with your store. No matter where you are running it, if you go into your main store/cart folder you will see an /html folder. Within that you will find one for /images Replace the notavailable.gif file in here with your edited version.

/cgi-bin/store/html/images
/store/html/images
/cgi-bin/acart/html/images

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1