The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Cart Page Source
Post Cart Page Source 
OK, after much muddling through on my own, I'm stuck. I've got my html header and footer in place and they work great on my index page. I also got my product pages to workout, but now I'm trying to get the view cart page to work with my template and it isn't happening. I can adjust the tables on the cart page through CSS and I've found and toyed with the cart_footer.inc, but I'm trying to find a way to get a wallpaper background behind the table between the header and the cart_footer.inc. I can't find the source code (or method) that will allow me to put a div or build a table that can set behind the existing tables to connect the wallpaper background smoothly like I've done (or nearly done) on the other pages.

http://halfacrehome.com/market/agora.cgi?dc=1&exact_match=on&p_id=00001

Any insight to the design structure or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The first thing that is a problem is that the following info MUST be removed from the header file...
It causes HTML errors that can lead to errors occurring in the operation of AgoraCart.
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Products - Halfacre Home - Handmade Specialty Preserves</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body  {
   font: 100% Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   margin: 0;
   text-align: center; /* this centers the container in IE 5* browsers. The text is then set to the left aligned default in the #container selector */
   color: #000000;
   background-image: url(html/images/Piece-Red_Back_ONLY.jpg);
   background-repeat: repeat-x;
   background-color: #AF272B;
}
.twoColFixLt #container #NavBar {
   padding-top: 205px;
   padding-right: 0px;
   padding-bottom: 0px;
   padding-left: 0px;
   width: 1160px;
}
.twoColFixLt #container {
   text-align: center; /* this overrides the text-align: center on the body element. */
   background-image: url(html/images/Piece-Site_Top_ONLY.png);
   margin-top: 0;
   margin-right: auto;
   margin-bottom: 0;
   margin-left: auto;
   background-position: center top;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   line-height: 14px;
}

.clearfloat { /* this class should be placed on a div or break element and should be the final element before the close of a container that should fully contain a float */
   clear:both;
    height:0;
    font-size: 1px;
    line-height: 0px;
}
-->
-->

</style>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
  var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
    if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}
}
function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
  var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;
}
function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}

function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
  var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
   if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
}
//-->
</script>
</head>

<body class="twoColFixLt" onload="MM_preloadImages('html/images/Piece-ORIGINS_Button_ACTIVATED.png','html/images/Piece-PRODUCTS_Button_ACTIVATED.png','html/images/Piece-SIDEBOARD_Button_ACTIVATED.png','html/images/Piece-EVENTS_Button_ACTIVATED.png','html/images/Piece-HOME_Button_ACTIVATED.png','html/images/Piece-CONTACT_Button_ACTIVATED.png')">

AND FROM THE FOOTER, you need to remove:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Halfacre Home - Handmade Specialty Preserves</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body  {
   font: 100% Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   margin: 0;
   text-align: center; /* this centers the container in IE 5* browsers. The text is then set to the left aligned default in the #container selector */
   color: #000000;
   background-image: url(../../../images/Piece-Red_Back_ONLY.jpg);
   background-repeat: repeat-x;
   background-color: #AF272B;
}
.twoColFixLt #container3 {
   text-align: center; /* this overrides the text-align: center on the body element. */
   background-image: url(html/images/Piece-Site_Bottom_ONLY.png);
   margin-top: 0;
   margin-right: auto;
   margin-bottom: 0;
   margin-left: auto;
   background-position: center top;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

.clearfloat { /* this class should be placed on a div or break element and should be the final element before the close of a container that should fully contain a float */
   clear:both;
    height:0;
    font-size: 1px;
    line-height: 0px;
}
-->
-->
</style>

</head>

<body class="twoColFixLt">

There are special places for javascript in the Primary/Core settings manager.
We suggest using links to external javascript files as it is less likely to cause cross-scripting errors in your pages.
As for the CSS, you need to add your custom CSS to the agoratemplate.css file via the CSS Editor in the manager.

BTW, you store URL is incorrect. It is breaking the "2 dot rule".
The store URL should be:
http://www.halfacrehome.com/market/agora.cgi
The www. at the beginning satisfies the "2 dot rule".

The main body of the page is handled with the 'ac_content' class, which can be found in the CSS Editor in the manager.
I would fix the first set of html errors and then start looking again...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Next step 
OK, I've gutted the header and footer files as you indicated and have had success getting those back in order and I fixed the store url.

I don't quite understand how to input the JavaScript into the field provided. Once I input the code, how do I define a path ie where is the external script located? Do I put the script tags that call the external sheet just in the index <head>? Can I just create a .js file and call it without using the field provided in the AgoraCart Manager?

Now after preparing the header and footer files, when I view the source for the "View Cart" page, I no longer see the "ac_content" tag below the header. What file do I need to rebuild to get that back or where can I put that class back in to get it to work?

Thanks for any help you can provide

For the js, you need to use the field in the Primary/Core settings manager or it will not be in the correct place, between the <head></head> tags, on the dynamically built pages of the cart.
Create your .js file and place it somewhere on the server and then put the appropriate link to it in the field in the Primary/Core settings manager.
An example of how to link is in the manager...

The "ac_content" class was defined in the header file...
I would suggest you get a hold of the header/footer files for 'TheAgora' template so you can see where and what things were in the header/footer files.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I was putting the code in the field and putting the link manually in the <head></head> of the index.html file. Now it works like a charm. Imagine that; it works right when you do it correctly.

I've been using the Custom template. I'll check out the Agora Template and see if those files are easier to work with.

Thanks for the tips.

Continue to use and alter the 'Custom' templates.
That is why the directory is called 'Custom'...

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1