The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Taking off storeheader and footer in product page layouts
Post Taking off storeheader and footer in product page layouts 
I've recently designed a site using css which works well in the index because I can control the placement of the store header and footer, but on the subsequent product pages the $storeheader$ and footer are not accessible. Is there a way to edit this? Is it in the actual agora.cgi file? I'm a total newbie to shopping cart and appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks in advance!

If you want to take a look at the site it's www.hairsurgical.com/agora/agora.cgi

I can't make heads or tails of what you've done...
Your store's front page, is not showing... just about everything looks like it is missing...
Header and footers do not show. It appears that your productPage.inc file is completely blank...

I would suggest that you install a new store and try again, but don't delete everything unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing and why and how it will affect the store.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Now when I look at your store I can see a bit more, but you still have a lot of issues.
1. The index.html file that is found in the 'agora' directory is incorrect.
The code for that file should ALWAYS be:
Code:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> </TITLE>
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=agora.cgi">
</HEAD>

<script language="javascript1.1">
<!-- Hide
location.replace ('agora.cgi');
// end hide -->
</script>

</HTML>

2. The store's URL that is set up in the manager is incorrect, it is breaking the "2 dot rule" which can affect the performance of the store.
It MUST be:
http://www.hairsurgical.com/agora/agora.cgi

The www. at the beginning satisfies the "2 dot rule"

3. In order to link to your css stylesheet, you will need to follow the instructions at:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=1156
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=358

4. You productPage.inc file is blank.... why???
This page must be done using html table tags because the script puts in certain table tags automatically and those in the productPage.inc file must match up and work with them.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I have the same question that this person originally did: is it possible to make a ProductPage without the header and footer automatically being added in?

I know it takes some tricky coding, that's fine, I'm comfortable with that, but where is the code that actually tells it to open every ProductPage as a complete page with header and footer? I guess index.html is the template for all other pages in the store, so is it possible to tell certain ProductPages to not use the header and footer?

BUT, you can create custom header/footers for each category that would be empty,
except for the necessary info to maintain the table structure of the page.
*Note: this is only applicable in v5.x and later. It will not work in v.4x or earlier.

Get a Gold Membership
Thank you, that might work for me. I am using 5.2.

Follow-up question: can I, within the same category, tell ProductPage.inc to use the default header, but have ProductPage-search2.inc use a custom header?

I want the ProductPage (that displays all items in a category) to have a header, but I need the search2 page (that shows individual product information) to have no header, or a custom header that is mostly blank. Is this possible in any way, or can custom headers only apply to a whole category and thus all pages within that category?

Or, can you think of any way I could fake this?

I appreciate your insights, thanks.

Not exactly following why you would do such a thing, but the header would need to apply category wide not for particular product pages...

Get a Gold Membership
I am hoping to open individual products in a lightwindow, like the buttons on this page: http://www.nedluddpdx.com/about.html .

I am wanting to do a similar thing here (it's a work-in-progress, please ignore the layout problems):
http://97.74.141.74/store52/agora.cgi?product=Necklaces

If you click on an item it opens a lightwindow, but it also adds a header, which is not good.

It sounds like there's no simple solution, but I'll keep thinking about it.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you, that might work for me. I am using 5.2.

Follow-up question: can I, within the same category, tell ProductPage.inc to use the default header, but have ProductPage-search2.inc use a custom header?

I want the ProductPage (that displays all items in a category) to have a header, but I need the search2 page (that shows individual product information) to have no header, or a custom header that is mostly blank. Is this possible in any way, or can custom headers only apply to a whole category and thus all pages within that category?

Or, can you think of any way I could fake this?

I appreciate your insights, thanks.

this might entail a custom ppinc file for the product category display then compose a "More Info" link that specifically calls a hdr and ftr so for example, in the ppinc your more info link would be composed like so...
<a href="agora.cgi?p_id=%%ProductID%%&amp;xm=on&amp;hdr=blank&amp;ftr=blank" title="%%name%%">More Info</a>
then create a custom header and footer named blank and enter what you want as contents.
i can't remember the form method to call the footer so correct "ftr" if not correct.
d

That's great, thanks. I didn't know about custom header and footer variables. I will try some experiments with it.

I appreciate your insight.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1