The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
How much time would it take to install the coupon hack?
Post How much time would it take to install the coupon hack? 
We have read on this forum that there is a coupon code hack for Agora. I guess it is found in the pro members area . . .

Our client is interested in this feature, but we are not Pro Members. We were wondering if anyone out there could tell us approx. how much time this hack takes to install. Is it a few minutes and a minor change to the view cart file? . . . or is it pretty intensive and could take hours?

We are a little below intermeidate with our Agora skills Laughing
FYI - we have v 5.0

Premier Membership and v5.5 will get the coupons & discounts feature.
Real easy since it is a module that gets installed... NOT a hack...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post We prefer not to do an upgrade since we are 99% done 
Will Premier get us what we need like the other posts said? Meaning it would get us the hack?

It isn't a hack for v5.0... it is a MODULE that is available with the v5.5 Gold version which is available to Premier/Lifetime Gold Members.
BTW, it would need to be your client that is registered as the Premier member...
Each site requires its own membership to be able to access Gold member modules/files...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks for your input thus far. Much appreciated. We are not looking to upgrade versions or become lifetime gold members. Here's the ultimate question - will v5.0 (hack/or no hack) support coupons or not?

no. you must have the v5.5 version... and becoming an AgoraCart member is the only way to get the coupon discount hack (v4.x) or the module (v5.5).

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Wait a minute!!! You mean to tell me that all this time I have been trying to get these PROMO discount routines to work (right now, there is a 50% discount even if you put in a SPACE) and you're saying they won't work anyway unless I upgrade to premium? Well, what the heck are they even doing in the free version in the first place?

Shouldn't people have been told up front not to waste their time with this?
Finally, what sense does it make to upgrade if you are not sure the thing will actually work?

Any coding you may have found would have been for previous versions (v.4.x and earlier).
V5.x version had been radically reformatted and coded to close gaps in security and function.
The v4.x version hack did work... I even employed that one in my stores before v5.x...
However since the differences in code handling between the version is so different for some things, you really can't use the hacks that were originally written for use in v.4.x....

BTW, it does state on the AgoraCart Version 5 Features page:
http://www.agoracart.com/features.htm
Quote:

* Discount codes are set up using the web-based administrator (Gold version only - lifetime option).
* Discount codes can be set to expire or be of the non-expiring type (Gold version only - lifetime option).
* Discounts can be done as a currency amount or percentage of the items ordered (Gold version only - lifetime option).

So, in a way, you were told "upfront"....

The Gold Member version v5.5 does not utilize a "hack" it has a bonafied module to handle the discount codes. I personally use it all the time in my stores and in many of my client's store, so I do know, for a fact, that it does work...

The free version of AgoraCart is a basic shopping cart system that works straight out of the box... There are many gateways to choose from, as well, including a PayPal gateway...
BTW, as a heads up... If you have a merchant account to accept credit cards and you use the Offline gateway to collect the credit card info through the shopping cart and then process the credit cards later, your store is not considered PCI compliant by VISA/MasterCard... So if you plan on accepting credit cards, you will need to use PayPal with a business account or get set up to use a real gateway like: iTransact, AuthorizeNet, First Data, PlugnPay, 2Checkout, or USAepay... There are many features that are available in the Gold Version, for Gold Members, and you can see those features in that features list I mentioned above. You, also, get access to the Gold Member's Forum where there is even more stuff in the forum for customizing and improving the customization & function of a cart... Membership is so worth it...
BTW, I am just a volunteer on this forum and do not receive a dime for my advice here or from any of these memberships, but I know the membership is well worth the money....

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1