The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Cannot Login to Manager (2nd screen) - Checked FTP...
Post Cannot Login to Manager (2nd screen) - Checked FTP... 
Hello.

So I have an unusual problem (I believe). I haven't found a solution on other posts anyways.

I can get past the protected directory login. However, I cannot get past the Agoracart Manager login... the second login screen. I've looked (via FTP) in protected/misc at the pass file... and I've tried both the regular one and the PRO one. Neither work... believe me... I've tried them DOZENS of times!

I even just tried changing them and reuploading the file via FTP and logging in with the new info.

Nothing!

Any advice?

Even if I cannot login... is there a way for me to export the Database from FTP? I know how to do it from the manager and download the file via FTP... but can I compile/export it entirely from FTP?

Thanks in advance,
josh

Make sure that when you are entering the username/password combo that there are no leading or trailing spaces. They are, also, case sensitive....
When you uploaded the changed password file, did you make sure to upload in ASCII?
The way to get the db file via ftp is just to go to the data_files directory and snag the data.file file...

If you have a pro user/pass area in the manager, then, you may have an old version of the cart.
What version are you running?
If it is anything less than v5.2, you have an old version that really isn't supported.
If you have a "pro" version of the cart, you should NOT be posting in this forum.
Issues with Pro or Gold versions should only be asked in the members only forum.
If you do not have an AgoraCart membership, you should not have a pro version
of the cart as it may violate the license of the pro/gold version...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I just barely tried and retried entering the user/pass making sure there were no leading/trailing spaces... they are definitely capitalized correctly as well.

Filezilla did upload the file in ASCII... but it wasn't working before that anyways. I reuploaded the file in ASCII mode from a master backup I had to be sure.

Still nothing... it just stays on that page and clears the user/pass after I enter it... everytime.

I do not recall the version I'm running... I think it is a LITTLE outdated... but please don't hold back help just for that... the basic functions must still be the same... especially for logging into the manager.

I do have a lifetime Pro Versions... but for some reason I cannot get past the protected directory on the forums... I can't recall the login info and the login info listed for PRO username and PRO password in that file in protected/misc does not work either.

The store works fine... I don't know what the hack is going on!

Tell ya what.... Email me with your login credentials for FTP and I will try and see what I can to figure this out...
My email is
agora at scottcrewwebservices.com (of course, in proper email format)
or use the little "email" button at the bottom of this post's box...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
when logging into the store manager if you just get a white screen then wait a few seconds then click the stop button on your browser. you should see the top nav but nothing else on the "welcome" screen. click on the "edit products" link then your navigation should show up and navigate to where you need to go from there.
what's happening is either the agora server is unavailable or most likely some upstream difficulties off your server. this is usually temporary and can last for a few hours to even several weeks.
i've seen this before and had sysops look into it but it's way beyond their control.
funny thing is when this happens i can log into other managers no prob while this particular server cannot connect.
while this is happening you can manage your store. you just can't access the welcome screen and do any store modual updates.
d

It doesn't go white... It just keeps going to the login screen even when you've entered the correct credentials... It is very goofy and looks to be something that is on the server side.

They did mention that other things on the site was kinda goofy, too...
I couldn't even get the install to run. I uploaded the file and I could see the file in there, but when I typed the path to the install file in the browser, I got a message that the file couldn't be found...

Get a Gold Membership
try uploading the install file into the cgi-bin
what is the contents of the root .htaccess file?
d

Any file that gets uploaded gave the same not found error... very strange...

Get a Gold Membership
please post the contents of the .htaccess file in the public_root.
d

They actually have given up on it and have deleted the store. They went with a different system.
They could get past the .htaccess, but no log in to the manager.
Even with the .htaccess removed, it still did not give access...

Get a Gold Membership
deleting the root .htaccess was a bad thing if it had content. never do that. it could lock everyone out from the domain.
the thing is, is that if the server allowed override we could possibly have enabled exceccgi and added pl and cgi handlers. it's not the store it's the server settings. usually when they do this they allow htaccess override so people knowingly have to enable things to get stuff to work. this way they can tighten the screws on security across the board but still allow functionality for those who need it.
oh well, i hope they get along ok.
d

No, not the root .htaccess, the .htaccess that was deleted was in the protected directory.
I had tried to get more info but they were pretty tight lipped.
Someone had worked on the server before them, too...
Oh well....

Get a Gold Membership
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1