The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Don't want to use UPS or FedEx
Post Don't want to use UPS or FedEx 
Hi. I'm in Australia, and so is my shop.

I have managed to alter the shipping logic to apply my own shipping charges to orders, but I would like to know if it's possible to change the drop down 'shipping method' box in the checkout to reflect other postal companies?

I don't want to have FedEx or UPS as shipping options, because they don't exist over here.

It seems that if you select YES for all three shipping methods in the shipping settings manager, and then edit the code in html/forms/Offline-orderform.html you can have other methods displayed instead of UPS, USPS and FedEx.

HOWEVER - I recently changed those three shipping settings from YES to NO, thus leaving a blank pull-down menu in my checkout form under 'Shipping Method'. Now I can't get the old menu back, even when I change the shipping settings back to YES. Why has my shipping method disappeared?

Anyone else had this problem? I've tried the 'reset' button in the shipping settings manager but it doesn't seem to do anything.

www.condomoz.com.au/store

Thanks in advance!

There are also shipping settings in the payment gateway.
HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

That's where they were lurking!!! Thank you.

Ok so this is how I've progressed:

1. In the payment gateway settings I have set both UPS Ground Residential and UPS Commerical to YES, all others to NO
2. In shipping settings I have set allow UPS to YES
3. I have edited the shipping method selector in html/forms/Offline-orderform.html like this:

[!--agorascript-pre
if ("$sc_upsgroundres" =~ /yes/i) { return
q~[OPTION VALUE="Express Air"]Express Air[/OPTION]~
;}
--]
[!--agorascript-pre
if ("$sc_upsgroundcomm" =~ /yes/i) { return
q~[OPTION VALUE="Parcel Post"]
Parcel Post[/OPTION]~;
} else {return '';}
--]

This means that if UPS Ground Residential (upsgroundres) and UPS Ground Commercial (upsgroundcomm) are set to YES in the payment gateway, the shipping method selector in the check out form will show 'Express Air' and 'Parcel Post' instead, which are my two shipping methods.

All fine and dandy! Now I just have to work out how to get the shipping to adjust itself if someone chooses Parcel Post, which is cheaper.

Anyone know the answer??

hmmm.... if i were doing this i would have gone a different path.... i would have first turned off all the standard shipping options.... then i would have gone into the payment gateway and added my new two options... using whats there as a template.... then hopefully you're doing shipping that can be based off of shipping logic that's pretty simple to figure... like 10-20 is 5 shipping... and not based on destination nor weight....

so if you're comfortable with coding we should be able to assist you in a solution....

if you're just looking to grab the code and put it into your cart then there is a recent thread about this topic in the pro forums.....

and the "Reset" button resets the values to what they were on a page load... so if you made all kinds of changes and then before hitting submit decided you didn't like them you could click "Reset" and the initial values would show back up

Best Of Luck

That sounds like a great option, but I can't find where to add in my own shipping options in the payment gateway. I can see where to turn the pre existing options on or off, but how do I add in my own?

you have to add your own in the payment gateway(eg - Offline)... not in the manager... it involes looking at the pre existing options and how they are setup then basically going to the end of the list and adding yours with the same setup.....

if you're using the offline gateway edit the file in the html/forms/ dir....

hope that helps....

yeah I get what you mean now, but isn't that exactly what I've done already? (See post above with code)

you'll wanna undo the changes you did.... if those were the only changes then just resort back to the original file and at the top of the option list.. .just after
Code:
 <SELECT NAME="Ecom_ShipTo_Method">

add the following
Code:
<OPTION VALUE="Parcel Post">Parcel Post</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE="Express Air">Express Air</OPTION>

then from there you need to add some custom shipping logic.... take a look at the shipping doc in the protected/DOCS/ folder.... you'll find a section called
Quote:
Basics of basing shipping on Form Variable 'the old way'

insides there you'll find a part that states
Quote:
Here is one example that assigns a cost based on quantities from
1 to infinity, and sets it as a percentage of the subtotal:
now just base it to your shipping requirements.... then you can insert it just like they do in
Quote:
# Custom Shipping Logic Example
Best of Luck

My darling Eric, I love you. Marry me quickly. :)

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!

wow marriage... lol... i don't think my fiance would like that idea very much :P but i'm glad i could be of assistance

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1