The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Couple of questions
Post Couple of questions 
I installed the free version and managed to get it pretty well set up and just recently bought a book on html from myself! HA! Good thing I have that one in stock!
Anyway, with that all seeming to be in order (I have not put any of our products in the database yet) I purchased the Gold version. I am planning to not use the free version where it sits (it's not in my cgi folder at all ...should it be?) so that's why I have not added any products yet. While I wait for the gold membership to be recognized, I will play there.

I expect that the install of the gold version doesn't need to overwrite the free version? Is that a true statement? So I can create a different directory to put the gold version in and then delete the free version from the server?

Also, I need to have two versions running on the page. One is for retail customers and the other for wholesale customers. There is already an htaccess protected area for retailers where I want to put the wholesale version, and then put the public version on the public_html directory (in Store52 of course).

Do I need seperate Gold Licenses to install both versions? They will both be under the same url.
Will my plan to keep them seperate work properly? (I think it should, but just want to check). Since I am putting one in the root area and one in the protected retailer area, it seems like it should be fine.

Thanks for your help.

Michael Meade

The cart does not need to reside in the cgi-bin.
You can put the install file for v5.5Gold in the 'public_html' and when you execute the install, it will create and install to the 'agoracart55' directory.
You can always change the directory name after install. Just be sure to update the URLs in the store manager.

You will not need a separate license for the 2 stores on the same domain.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I guess, now all I have to do is wait for Mr. Ed to notice my paypal payment and send me the appropriate information for the program. Got my fingers crossed that he's not on a month long vacation!

Mike

He usually gets the members added in about 5 business days.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
agora at scottcrewwebservices.com

Send me a copy of your customer copy and I will get a hold of Mister Ed to see where he is at on getting you set up.

Get a Gold Membership
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1