The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Want to use PayPlus or Payment Only
Post Want to use PayPlus or Payment Only 
I am trying to configure my cart to use the LinkPoint Connect. It is version 4.0k. I would like to collect all information (billing and shipping info as well as credit card information) on my securesite and only send the appropriate information required to get a credit card approval through Linkpoint - this way they never leave my site. However, the files included with the cart (LinkpointHTML) seem to only gather name and address and then go to the Linkpoint site to process the payment information (Fullpay mode).

Are there any files available to allow PayPlus or PaymentOnly through the Linkpoint Connect? I know HTML coding but not very Perl saavy and am having difficulty following all the libraries and interlinking required.

Thanks!

-Manny

Evidently, that is not one of the supported gateway methods.
Sorry...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
You defeat the purpose of a online gateway if you don't permit the transaction to complete in proper sequence. If you are set up with your processor to do offline processing then use the offline order form.

Quote:
It is version 4.0k

You really should upgrade, as that version is about 15 versions behind the current one.

[quote="milehightrader"]You defeat the purpose of a online gateway if you don't permit the transaction to complete in proper sequence. If you are set up with your processor to do offline processing then use the offline order form.[/quote]

I don't understand that statement. The Linkpoint gateway allows 3 types of electronic transactions: Full, PayPlus, and Payment Only.

Full has Linkpoint run the entire thing - this requires leaving the store site, going to the linkpoint site to do the transaction, and then returning to the store site. This is typically used if you don't have a secure site.

LinkPoint PayPlus allows for sending some information and charge totals through the gateway which are stored on the Linkpoint server.

Linkpoint PayOnly has the merchant collect all information and just send the relevant information to get a charge approval. Customer never leaves merchant store.

None of these use offline processing as it is all online and the transactions are processed automatically through the gateway - no manual intervention or data entry required on my part.

So, how is using the PayOnly or PayPlus option defeating the purpose of an online gateway but not allowing transactions to complete in proper sequence?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the online/offline gateway terminology as it pertains to Agoracart?

All I know is that I want to process payments using Linkpoint Connect and don't want the customer to leave the site to complete a transaction. Or is this not possible with AgoraCart?

One more thing
Quote:
It is version 4.0k

You really should upgrade, as that version is about 15 versions behind the current one.

Sorry, left off the -4b from my version number. Is that the latest version?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I don't use Linkpoint, but the normal process with agora is that a customer completes the process at a gateway then is returned to the agora store. In order for your order log and confirmation emails to function you need to have the gateway return completion of the transaction to agora. I doubt there is any way you can work around this without some serious Perl programming. Any hacking of the cart would be beyond the scope of the freebie forums, as they are primarily to help people get the cart functional.

Linkpoint PayOnly has the merchant collect all information and just send the relevant information to get a charge approval. Customer never leaves merchant store.

Why don't you try running a test order using this method and see if it writes the order log and confirmation emails. If so, you should be ok.

I don't use Linkpoint, but the normal process with agora is that a customer completes the process at a gateway then is returned to the agora store. In order for your order log and confirmation emails to function you need to have the gateway return completion of the transaction to agora. I doubt there is any way you can work around this without some serious Perl programming. Any hacking of the cart would be beyond the scope of the freebie forums, as they are primarily to help people get the cart functional.

I don't have serious Perl experience so that is out of the question. Darn.
:(

Oh, well. Thanks for the info.

Quote:

Why don't you try running a test order using this method and see if it writes the order log and confirmation emails. If so, you should be ok.

I will give this a try. Thanks!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1