The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
View Cart and other such buttons dissapeared!
Post View Cart and other such buttons dissapeared! 
Alright i edited the products page inc file and got it to withing the header, but the view cart and other such links dissapeared, how do i get them back? plus i need to know how to change the store front to go with the rest of the page. Thank you very much!

Chris

Post RE: View Cart and other such buttons dissapeared! 
hell-o
since you have edited some files then the images disappeared it would be best if you gave a link so ppl can see what's going on.
please provide a link directly to a category product page.
regards,
dan

the url is, http://www.dmhotrods.om/dmgear/agora.cgi . I still havemnt been able to figure out how to mess with the "store front". I was think i could possibly just skip the store front and link to the pages using a stati page. But i will have to gt a little smarter on that subject. Thanks for helping me out!

Chris

Looks like the site is down at the moment, but, the "store front" page is a static page. It is the index.html file found in the html directory, along with the Contact Us and Return Policy pages.

As far as your buttons disappearing, I would suggest that you return the files to their original state when the cart was installed. *Hopefully* you made back ups of the files *before* editing them. Then, slowly add your edits, testing after each edit applied. If the buttons suddenly disappear, you will then know what you did to cause them to vanish.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
hell-o
the correct url is:
http://www.dmhotrods.com/dmgear/agora.cgi

hey cool flames! i expect to be doing an automotive machineshop in the near future. i'm going to propose a drafting/blueprint design with lots of hidden bells and whistles. kinda like the old "sleeper". a rolling pile of junk that will do 0 - 60 in 3 seconds and lay 3 inches of rubber. LOL
ok looks like you have the checkout and viewcart links, storefront and images working.
some suggestions:

on the product page you have two checkout links - redundant i suppose.

you should either have continue shopping in the cart footer or links to product categories.

you should have your offline orderform in ssl if collecting confidential information. once in ssl you should remove all store related links and any links exiting from the checkout process should be full http path. if you really need links back to categories or storefront or anywhere else make absolutely sure they are full http paths to exit from ssl. also, remove the viewcart and checkout links from your secure store header.inc file. these two links will cause headaches and are for the most part unnecessary. if you abosultely need them then script them correctly.

regards,
dan

Thanks for your help you guys! I ended up going a different route for the store front. I made a static page that had links to the categories i will be using instead of using the dynamically created one that agora has. If you want to check it out its http://www.dmhotrods.com/products(stc).html . Im very pleased with it now haha. One more thing is which pp.inc file do i use to have the items display 1 across instead of 2 across? This is my next big trick. Thanks a lot!

Chris

hell-o
well, easiest way is to rename the
productPage.inc
file to
productPage.in_
then rename the
productPage-1a.inc
to
productPage.inc

regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1