The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Losing the item in cart AND losing my header and footer
Post Losing the item in cart AND losing my header and footer 
I'm adding AgoraCart to website enablemobility.com, one step at a time (as recommended). I got the header and footer added (yay, the links work) and the header and footer show up in the agora.cgi initial screen and in the product pages. I added one product through store manager and left the samples in for testing. Then, I entered an order for quantity of 1, and the "add order" page pulled up the correct price and shipping amounts, with the new header and footer. I also ordered one of the sample items. The "view cart" at that point showed both items correctly.

However, when I select the "verify order" button, the next screen displays the AgoraCart header and footer instead of the Enable Mobility ones that were there before, and the order is empty (lost the order information).
Just for the heck of it, I tried to submit the empty order, and it gave me the error 404 page. If this is what happens when a user tries to submit an empty order, I don't think it's very friendly. I have a feeling something else is wrong.

Can someone give me some guidance? I've looked through the posts and can't find anyone listing a similar problem. Since all these pages were generated by AgoraCart, and I'm pretty sure I set everything up correctly in the Store Manager panels, I don't know where to start. I glanced through the source code, but I don't know Perl so I can't figure out what happening.

you will also need to edit the secure header and footer files....

best of luck

Post RE: Losing the item in cart AND losing my header and footer 
hell-o
when using agoracart on a website you must make sure all links resolve to
www.enablemobility.com
you need the www in the url. it is possible that if a client enters your site through such a link as
enablemobility.com
then when entering the store the url would be void of the www. if this happens you will get an error.
also make sure your store url in your manager is set with the full http://www url and the path to your agora.cgi file. like so...
http://www.enablemobility.com/store/agora.cgi
regards,
dan

The store header and footer and the secure store header and footer all look correct to me.

I log on to www.enablemobility.com/store/agora.cgi. Everything works until I select the "Complete Order" button. AgoraCart sends me to http://www.agoracart.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi. That explains why it isn't looking for my header and footer, and why it's losing my order, but why is it going there? I haven't changed any of the source code, and I set up the store following the instructions in the manual. Why doesn't it stay in www.enablemobility.com/store/agora.cgi?

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

double check your settings in your store manager.... either your secrure url or the url in your payment gateway must be set wrong

I must have looked at those screens ten times since yesterday, and skimmed by the URL every time. Another pair of eyes (even figuratively speaking) . . .

It looks like it's working now, I sent a fake order, and got the confirmation. Still lots more to figure out. Thanks for the help.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1