The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Main Page paths
Post Main Page paths 
I now have almost all of my website www.enablemobility.com inside the cart (moved everything to store/html/ folders). I want to use static pages, because I already have a few hundred done and working, and because I don't think I'll ever get the generated pages set up the way the client wants them. I was finally able to get the home page working by completely replacing the index.html with my comlete native HTML page. Once a user goes inside the cart, using any Agora function, the programs stay there. So far, so good. Won't lose the cart contents, right?

Now I am stumped:
1) I have a test page at the bottom of the Contact Us page. I think I put the correct code in to generate the shopping cart page. But, when I click on Add to Cart, it goes from store/html/index.html to store/agora.cgi and displays the home page (missing the graphics because it backed out of the folder it was in). How does it determine the path? Why does it go to the home page instead of generating the cart page?
2) I got the View Cart working on my main pages. It displays an empty cart and looks great. However, when I click on Continue Shopping, it takes me to store/agora.cgi and displays a generated product page! I turned off the DB generated/DB verify choices in store manager, and followed the directions in the manual and some of the posts I found here. How can it generate a product page and why does it back up one level? The Back button that I added (using a Javascript routine) works perfectly and returns to the previous page.

I DID load all html in ASCII, so that can't be the problem.
Do I have to replace ALL the index.html pages and hard code all the complete paths to get this to work?

Post RE: Main Page paths 
hell-o
you're attempting to run a non-data base store from inside the store. this can be done but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot with the search engines and directory bots.

just do add to cart buttons on your static pages. navigation can be a little fickle but not too bad. look here for a good example of a static store:
http://www.avedastore.com/
this client of mine will realize full benefits from search engines and directory bots.

regards,
dan

Some of the posts I read (don't ask me to find them now) said that the contents of the shopping cart would get lost unless my pages were inside the store folder. If that's not the case, I'll move everything back out....

Post RE: Main Page paths 
hell-o
well, sometimes we're over zealous bordering on puritan. it is difficult to address everyone's issues and not have some take things out of context which can lead to disaster in one way or another. some examples are, not to use java script, not to create a non dB store, not to disable referrers (though that is a pet peeve of mine) and the like. all of which have their place and shouldn't be viewed as taboo.
there are two concerns about running a non-dB static store. security and maintaining the clients cart contents.
in your case i don't think you will encounter too many ppl altering prices. if you had high dollar fashion items then that would be a different story. as far as maintaining cart contents, only if the client is not allowing cookies will the cart contents be lost. there are some automated thingies that can be done to warn the client of this problem if no cookies are detected.
i have not heard of anyone receiving complaints about cart contents being lost because of cookies. though it does happen, no doubt.
i'm really sorry you had to do all of this unnecessary work. please pm me with your email and i'll help you to make it right.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1