The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
HOW ADDING/remove A CATEGORY (record)TO DATABASE?
Post HOW ADDING/remove A CATEGORY (record)TO DATABASE? 
It is clear in the Agora cart Storemanager to add products, but when i created categories i can't see what i have done ( how i dit this a few days ago )
The AgoraCart DELUXE Store Manager ver. 4.0K-4b Standard Quick Edit must give the answer.

- i think i add there the records for the categories=> but i do want to chance some already given names of a category ( i wrote : ligthning for lighting ( a big difference)

So i do want chance some already given database names chance :
possible solution:
- a once given databasename can be chanced when i open the databasefile?
- i do make a new category with the correct name ( and forget the already given name(s)

So what's the best approach?

Is it correct that adding a category(record) can be only done in the storemanager( but not removing?: only via file)
Only products can be add,delete and edit.

doumawis Smile

Just edit what you need to edit from the "Edit Product" area of the manager.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Complicated interface: i only want to edit a category or a product
This is not userfriendly there is no clear distiction between products and categories

If i do want edit a category than this must be edit in the "Edit products"

Shopkeepers are thinking simple:
- products
- productgroups => are categories

I GOT NERVOUS FROM THIS STOREMANAGER ...

MORE NERVOUS ...

I only do want to replace a category with a other name or delete a category( Arrow for that : deleting all products in the wrong category=> than category gone): that's all i ask from this manager and adding/deleting/editing products

Well i chanced the category : Lightning in Lighting

doumawis Smile

Last edited by doumawis on Tue Mar 08, 05 7:49 am; edited 9 times in total
To change a category, you need to change the category for each product, by editing each product in that category.
To edit the product, just select the category it is in, then select the product.
It is not as complicated as you try to make it out to be.

By the way, do not keep quoting the post above yours. Everything is kept in a thread format so you can just scroll up to see the previous post... no need to keep quoting it

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
But i am very satisfied with this software, because i can make a shop i want and it is not very complicated
( i start also with a other shoppingcart --hey, did i tell you I ate dirt as a kid? ans developing a shop is full of struggling with all that options t o installed and teh painful new installation wit a MySQL database with configurationfiles and chmod's and th emost important there is no good support t o fix all problems)

I am really glad that i started with Agora (it is pre installed script on my server) and witjh one click all his done !
And the American expertise is great

How do i add a product to a existing category? ( the fact that i must ask this very basic question ), because the storemanager ?
well: tricky: teh names : BodyStyle and Bodystyle seems to be the same so i got 2 categories: at first sight they are equal( but the fact that there now exist 2 catagories must be a warning ( because the software is very strict)
So it is no problem to add products to a existing category ( as aspected)

Note: i don't want to take to much time to study the online manual for the product manager ( if i can aviod it now and try to learn from the interface?)
see Yes there is, in the online manual at:
Learning by doing things practical alone is not the best strategy for learning
http://www.agoracart.com/help/adding.html

doumawis Smile

Last edited by doumawis on Tue Mar 08, 05 1:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
In the manager, click the "Product Edit" link.
In that screen, you have several options.
Either view all of the products, select a category, type in a particular product ID, or select a category from a drop-down list.

The way that you edit a category is to edit the category field for one of the products in that category. Then all of the products in the wrong category are transferred to the new category. Once all of the products are transferred to the new category, the old category is automatically gone.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1