The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Different cartypes => different categories?
Post Different cartypes => different categories? 
Look at my site : http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=5388789.31594*Lw4XT5&product=BodyStyling

You will notice there two cartypes: Subaru WRX and Subaru GT in teh category BodyStyling +> this is unwanted

procedure: go to menu and choose bodystyling=> bodystyling page with jumpmenu for cartypes+> choose cartype=> cartype bodystyling

i put 2 products van 2 different cartypes in the same category BodyStyling, so this is ofcourse not correct working

Soution: for each cartype a Bodystyle category to make in the storemanager(or productmanager): is this a good solution?
e.g
bodystyling_Subaru WRX
bodystyling_Subaru GT

doumawis
Smile

Post re: linking 
hell-o

you define the car's model in the link display but not in the option. both links go to the same place "body styling"

also make note of the & in the link. your html editor is changing stuff. if this isn't corrected and continues your editor will break your store. also the word "product" isn't complete in the link.

Code:

<option value="http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=&amp;produc =BodyStyling ">Subaru WRX</option>
<option value="http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=&amp;product=BodyStyling">Subaru GT </option>

regards,
dan

Post Re: re: linking 
Quote:
you define the car's model in the link display but not in the option. both links go to the same place "body styling"

Yes i know : that's why it is not working correct
Q: i can't give this a meaning: what do you exactly mean? Exclamation with jumpmenu?

Quote:
also make note of the &amp; in the link. your html editor is changing stuff. if this isn't corrected (HOW?) and continues your editor will break your store. also the word "product" isn't complete in the link.

Q: i can't give this a meaning : how does it come?

Doumawis
Smile

Post re: linking 
hell-o

your links go to the same place "product=BodyStyling" so what ever is in that category will display on the page regardless of which link you select.

there are several problems with this link

Code:
cart_id=&amp;produc =BodyStyling ">

the first problem is the
Code:
&amp;
code. this should not be code it should be the literal
Code:
&
ampersand. this is either caused by you adding it manually or your html editor changing it by your instructions or by default preference settings. your html editor must not make any changes to the code when saving, opening or editing the file.
the next problem is a typo. you forgot to include the "T" in product. LOL
the last thing is the space at the end
Code:
BodyStyling ">
. this wont cause any problem but try to keep the code tight. spaces in the wrong place or lack of space in the wrong places can cause funny things to happen.
regards,
dan

Thanks! for the support

Quote:
your links go to the same place "product=BodyStyling" so what ever is in that category will display on the page regardless of which link you select.

That's the issue of this thread: i delibertaly assign the same links so there is no distinction between anymore the cartypeproducts: my solution is : give every cartype his own category(record) :
Subaru WRX: BodyStyling_subaruWRX
Subaru GT: BodyStyling_subaru GT

So now it is possible to link for each cartype to each database record filled with specific parts

MY QUESTION IS: IS THIS A GOOD SOLUTION ? or is there a smarter methode?

Quote:
there are several problems with this link

Than the issue with the wrong linkformat in the jumpmenu: Dreamweaver is the bad guy: how to solve this?

Well i copied and paste this link together ( partial typing) and there was a existing link, so i combined 2 links to one( i copied the link from the screen of the Agoraforum): as result a typo and maybe this & problem?

Do you think that Dreamweaver i s not !00% working?: the American top leading industry editor
Doumawis Smile

Well this is the format of the outputlink for calling the 2 categories on my screen:
<option value="http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=5388789.31594*Xy8d84&;product=BodyStyling_SubaruWRX">Subaru
WRX</option>
<option value="http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=5388789.31594*3k4Pc8&;product=BodyStyling_SubaruGT">Subaru
GT </option>

It seems now to be correct working? see : http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi?cart_id=5388789.31594*Xy8d84&;product=BodyStyling_SubaruWRX

The next issue is the layout of the productspages: ppinc or so..?

doumawis
Smile

If you have a question on the ppinc (productPage.inc) files, please post it in that section of the forum.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
If you have a question on the ppinc (productPage.inc) files, please post it in that section of the forum.

yes i was thinking on you man: you noticed me about these productpages and there i am with my qquestions

My shop seems to working for the 2 shoppingmethods for the example car Subaru WRX : bodystyling and exhaust!
see shop : http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi

Doumawis Smile

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1