The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Pass first but not second login screen, domain name prob?
Post Pass first but not second login screen, domain name prob? 
I am trying to set up Agoracart to replace an existing website hosted with another provider, so I haven't transferred the domain name yet. The intention is to bring the Agoracart version up to speed and then transfer so there is minimal downtime.

I installed using cPanel X. When I try to manage the store, it tries to open manager.cgi under where the correct path will be when the domain is transferred, eg. www.mydomain.com/store/protected/manager.cgi. No problem, I get around this temporarily with an entry in my hosts file aliasing the IP number where it is currently. This gets me past the first login screen. BUT...

Then I hit the second login screen, Deluxe Store Manager 4.0 with the graphic of the coins etc. I can not get past this login no matter what I do. :( I know the username and password in manager.cgi is correct (I've checked), and afterall it does allow me past the first login. I can only assume that there is an internal code reference to the domain name that my hosts file workaround does not affect. :?

Is there any way of doing this, or will I have to setup the store on a different unused domain name first, and then transfer somehow? :?:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am extremely stuck!

If you have FTP access you can go to your protected/misc/ folder and look at the file "mgr_pass.pl" It will have your id and pw.

Carol

If you have FTP access you can go to your protected/misc/ folder and look at the file "mgr_pass.pl" It will have your id and pw.

Carol

I think perhaps now there is something wrong with the install. There is no protected/misc folder, and no "mgr_pass.pl" file, unless those are from an earlier version. I've tried installing this three times though, with the same results every time. Any other ideas?

there has to be a protected folder or you would get errors trying to access.
ftp and navigate to public_html/store/protected and you will see the files necessary.

is your isp aol?

regards,
dan

Post misc is missing 
Dan wrote:
hell-o
there has to be a protected folder or you would get errors trying to access.
ftp and navigate to public_html/store/protected and you will see the files necessary.

is your isp aol?

regards,
dan

First of all, thank you everyone for your suggestions!

I have a protected folder, which is where the manager.cgi file is. But there is no "misc" subfolder, only "custom", "files", and "images". None of the files in "protected", any of its subfolders, or any of the other subfolders of my master "store" directory have a file named "mgr_pass.pl". There are 11 other files there with the .pl extension though.

Not using AOL. The one I am on has a great rep, I think I am just trying to do this in an unanticipated manner that is not going to work out.

This might help: AgoraCart 4.0, 4.0K, 4.0K-2, 4.0K-3 Directory & File Structure

I've had problems with my FTP program in the past. Files were there but the program wouldn't show them for whatever reason.

Try SmartFTP and see if you can see them.

http://www.smartftp.com/

It's a good client and will even let you see those .files that the other FTP programs sometimes will not show.

Carol

4.0 does not have a "misc" directory under protected. This was implemented starting with the 4.0K versions. The manager.cgi file covers the username and password settings.

However, you will find that the manager URLs are stored in the section called something like "MAIN SETTINGS" in the main agora user file. Look in the admin_files directory of the store.

Normally you do not want to edit this file, but you may need to change the URLs for the manager so you do not get stuck in an endless login loop. make sure to change it under the same permissions your account runs under. In other words do not use cpanel file manager, or access FTP with your browser. Use an real FTP client and make the changes on your PC, then upload it back to the appropriate directory in ascii mode. If you do not do it in this manner, you will find that either the store cannot change the settings later, or you will have many more problems than Saddam Hussein ;)

Bubbagum

Support other Agora users:
http://www.AgoraCart.com/pages/Shopping/

Become a Member - support the project!
Didn't know about 4.0 structure. Hey everyone using 4.0...UPGRADE! LOL

Need Low Cost Startup Option? Try NiftyPay's Pay to Play
http://www.NiftyPay.com
Post Thanks! 
Awesome! Thanks folks, I'll get right on that. I have a normal FTP client I should be able to find and alter the settings with. Cheers! :D

Post I forgot my 1st account & p/w ! 
I forgot my 1st account & p/w ! where I can find the record ?

Post Login Failure Too 
I just installed agora (V 4.0K) using cpanel. I can get past the first login screen but not the second.

I've read through this post and checked the files mentioned. The "mgr_pass.pl" file shows the correct username and password.

I've also looked for the files "MAIN SETTINGS" in the main agora user admin_files and everywhere else, it does not exist?

Also, the Wrapper files were installed when I installed the program, but I'm not sure if the two files were compiled (not sure how to even do this).

Any advice or help appreciated.

Rich

Post RE: Login Failure Too 
hell-o
does you storefront show up?
http://www.yourdomain.com/store/agora.cgi
change above for cgi-bin if used and whatever else.
if the storefront doesn't show up you may have file permission problems, ownership problems.
while in the store via ftp do a directory info. your domain name should be the owner of the files.
too it's possible it was a bad install. so you can delete the store and reinstall then try again.
know any reason why wrappers need to be installed? is this a default function of the cpanel agoracart install?
regards,
dan

My store front shows up just fine using
http://www.patriotic-expressions.com/store/agora.cgi

When I try to go to
http://www.patriotic-expressions.com/store/protected/manager.cgi

the screen shows up and then I try to log in and get the following error:

"The manager program cannot continue for the following reason:
Can't Open ip_file, check permissions for the "files" directory

Permissions are the most common cause of errors. The following directories and files contained within need to be made read/write:
admin_files
data_files
log_files
pgpfiles (only when updating public keys)
protected/files
shopping_carts

CGI programs run under the following id: uid=99(nobody) gid=99(nobody) groups=99(nobody)
If your user id is not listed above, then you must chmod 777 those directories and files.
If your user id is listed above, then you may chmod 755 everything and try to chmod 700 the order log file.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times. I've also changed the permissions via FTP, still no luck.

Any advice??

best thing to do is see if your host will give you ownership.
i highly recomend you do not run your files 777.
if they can't accomodate you with ownership then look at the tut at agoracart.com concerning wrappers. you may have to use commando to install the wrappers if you don't have telnet (or maybe support can install them for you). i have had good luck with the wrappers provided by agoracart found in the store with the install.
if you cannot be awarded ownership of the files and folders of your domain then you will have ongoing problems when attempting to install other programs you may need in the future.
depending on support, needs, and concept of your site a change in hosting may be advisable.

regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1