The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Need help with store layout
Post Need help with store layout 
If you visit my site https://www.bridalbootcamponline.com/shop/agora.cgi?cart_id=5838916.605*hY4zy55838916.605*gJ3dE1&xm=on&product=Book

you'll notice that product display table is breaking up my site.

How can I move the product description below the image?

Remove quantity and discount?

Post RE: Need help with store layout 
hell-o
the link above doesn't work. but, this one does:
http://www.bridalbootcamponline.com/shop/agora.cgi?cart_id=&xm=on&product=Book
also, never include the cart id (stript the cart id) in any link unless you have a very good reason to do so.

one thing you need to do is set the ppinc width in the store manager>layout.

when customizing your header and footer think of the dB generated page as three basic parts; header, footer and content area (usually the ppinc).
the header and footer complement each other. whatever table is opened in the header and not closed in the header must be closed in the footer. further, if the header and footer were pasted into an basic html file then the page should display without errors and tables nested properly with closing tags in the appropriate place.
the content area (ppinc) is or should be a self contained table set to the width allowed by the header/footer. when i end the header i open a table...
<table>
<tr>
<td valign=top>
these are usually the last lines in the store header. the first lines in the footer should be...
</td>
</tr>
</table>
this will close out the "nested" content area followed by whatever you determine the footer should contain.

for customizing the ppinc to fit your layout just be sure the srcipts are intact and the stuff you want to use is between the <form> </form> tags. otherwise stuff wont carry on as expected or possibly display as expected. try customizing ppinc-1a this maybe an easier ppinc for a novice to customize.

also, it looks as though you intend to have a left nav and a right nav or info bar. so the header should contain the top and left nav and the footer should contain the right nav and the bottom (if any). the ppinc or content area will be sandwitched between the left and right nav cells (td).

regards,
dan

Post Re: RE: Need help with store layout 
Dan wrote:

one thing you need to do is set the ppinc width in the store manager>layout.

I tried setting the "table width" from 560 all the way down to 400, and it never changes the size of the dynamic tables. They are always a couple of pixels too wide, resulting in a scroll bar at the bottom of the page. Is there any way to get rid of this scroll bar by making the tables a little narrower?

Also, how come the product pictures don't line up with one another in a row? Some rows align them at top, some at bottom, some at middle (look at coolumbia.net/cart under "books", for example).

Well, I changed all my images from 130 wide to 120, and the table went from being too wide to not wide enough. I'll try 123, 124, 125, etc. until the table is just the right width.

Still having the image line-up problem, and the white space and unattractive borders around the generated table. Hope someone has some suggestions on something to try to make it look a bit neater.

gotta link?
regards,
dan

gotta link?

http://www.coolumbia.net/cart

Can you explain a bit more of how you want it to look?

Off the top of my head....you might want to consider the following for the productPage.inc file...
1. To remove the border, look for the line:
Code:
  $myans .= '<tr><td colspan=3><table width="100%" border=1>'."\n";

Just change the border attribute from border=1 TO: border=0

2. The images... to align them all to the top:
Look for the line:
Code:
<TD ALIGN="CENTER" WIDTH="150">%%image%%</TD>

Change to:
Code:
<TD VALIGN="TOP" ALIGN="CENTER" WIDTH="150">%%image%%</TD>

If this doesn't do what you want, please explain how you do want it to look and we will try to help you the best we can.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Border=0 removes border completely 
Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried changing the border=1 to border=0 like you suggested, but this removed all the borders from around all the products.

If you would take a look at [url]coolumbia.net/cart[/url] to see what I mean, you'll see that the Home, About Us, Contact Us, etc. pages have a nice little table on the left (15% wide), with a 1 px. border around it; the right table (85%) is invisible because it's borderless and the background is the same as the rest of the page. This larger, right side table is used in these pages for text only.

In the product pages, the dynamically generated product tables should go into this larger table and fill it completely so that there is no white space around the products. If you click on the default HTML products, you'll see that the border in the dynamic table does not match the left side table, which is what I'm trying to accomplish. Also, there is too much white space at the top, bottom, left and right of the dynamic products table; it should completely fill the invisible table that it's in so that the white space doesn't show.

Finally, if you click on BOOKS, you'll see that the products don't line up. The first two images, for example, are the same size, but the one on the left appears much lower than the one on the right. It would be desirable for the two images to appear lined up with each other.

What I'm trying to accomplish is have the large (products) table on the right look like the small (index) table on the left in border style; eliminate the white space around the products table; and line up the product images.

Okay, I think I now know what you were looking for.
Try going into the manager -> Store Layout
Look for the following heading:
"Product Page Info & Table Width"

Then, look for:
"Enter the width of the table for dynamicly generated product pages:"

In that box, you probably have "555". Delete it, so the box has nothing in it, and hit submit.
Now, go see what your store looks like now...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1