The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Problems
Post Problems 
Hi,

On yesterday I tried and uploaded the Paypal IPN and my cart stopped working on me. I could no longer view the cart or anything. So I was thinking because I was in Dreamweaver I had this problem. I then decided to upload the files using FTP Surfer and the results were still the same. So I the terminated the hosting account with the problematic cart, recreated it and uploaded everything again and started all over. Now this time I didn't put the Paypal IPN stuff because it was working initially without it. But I'm still having the same problems with my cart-it won't work.

I adjusted the settings in Dreamweaver based on forum discussions here and everything was fine before. Nothing has changed.

Images won't appear anymore for the cart. I can add something to the cart and it will go to agora.cgi but it won't show the cart. If I reload the page then it will show the cart with the added merchandise.
You can view one of the pages at http://www.fearfullymadedesigns.com/cart/agora.cgi?page=ethb.htm

I checked my error log in the Agora manager and it keeps giving me the same error
FILE OPEN ERROR-./html/pages/ethb.htm
FILE=./agora.cgi
LINE=899
DATE=Thursday, June 23, 2005 at 13:40:08
AGORAWRAP: *
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/janna/public_html
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us
HTTP_CONNECTION: Keep-Alive
HTTP_COOKIE: cart_id=9983428.30827
HTTP_HOST: www.fearfullymadedesigns.com
HTTP_REFERER: http://www.fearfullymadedesigns.com/gallery.htm
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
PATH: /bin:/usr/bin
QUERY_STRING: page=ethb.htm
REMOTE_ADDR: 68.223.152.93
REMOTE_PORT: 50624
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
REQUEST_URI: /cart/agora.cgi?page=ethb.htm
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/janna/public_html/cart/agora.cgi
SCRIPT_NAME: /cart/agora.cgi
SERVER_ADDR: 67.19.143.194
SERVER_ADMIN: webmaster@fearfullymadedesigns.com
SERVER_NAME: www.fearfullymadedesigns.com
SERVER_PORT: 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

I don't know what to do could someone please help me.

First of all, we cannot discuss anything having to do with PayPalIPN in this forum as it is a Premier Lifetime Member's Only file.
But just getting basic functions, we can discuss.
First thing I am seeing is that you have the "Right click disable" script in the wrong place, it needs to be in between the <head></head> tags.

The problem with the images is that you are pointing to the wrong location for the images.
You have, for example: cart/html/images/WFM2_02.gif
This turns into the following URL:
http://www.fearfullymadedesigns.com/cart/cart/html/images/WFM2_02.gif

This is happening because you originally had your pages outside of the cart folder, now that they are inside the cart folder it is looking for another folder called "cart" inside the cart directory.

When I view the cart, again we have a problem with images. This looks like the manager is not set up properly, yet. Make sure that in the field that asks for the URL to the images directory that it only contains the following:
html/images

Also, be sure to go through the rest of the manager and set things up.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Re 
Thanks, okay I got the images back up and I finished setting up the the agora manager, but the cart is still acting the same way-I have to reload it to see it. Any suggestions?

Nikki

What do you mean by "acting the same way"?
How is it acting that you don't think it should be acting?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Re 2 
What it's doing is, it goes to agora.cgi but it doesn't show the cart. Before when I use to click the add to cart button it use to show the contents of the cart, now it just shows the same page. I don't know if that's a setting in the agora manager or not that I need to change. I'm basing this on the fact that I previously didn't do that. So it's leading to believe something is wrong.

Also, when I look at my error log in the agora manager there are errors which weren't there before. It's the same error that talked about in an earlier post, over and over again. This is leading me to believe that something somewhere is wrong and I don't know what it is.

Go into the manager -> Program Settings -> Main AgoraCart Store Settings
Look for the following:
How do you want to the customer to view the cart contents after adding an item to the cart?
Set it to "YES".

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1