The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
default page - edit or delete
Post default page - edit or delete 
Hello,

I hope i am posting this in the correct area.

With the default page, can it be edited to be made into a home page and when people type in your url, do they go straight there just typing your www in or do they have to add the store/agora.cgi at the end?

If the default page is to be deleted, where do you go to put a link to the homepage from the cart?
If i have confused you let me know and i apologise in advance.

georgia

Edit the default page, which is the index.html file in the 'html' directory of the store.
Do not delete it, it will cause problems with the cart.
You can edit that page to look exactly like your regular home page, if you'd like...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Yes thats what i would like to do. I have a concern though, when someone types in my url www.QueerNQuirkee.com will it still take them to the new homepage? Because when i go to the default page it has www.QueerNQuirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi followed by numbers.

thanks
georgia

The home page of your site should have links to your store.
So, if you showcase a few of your designs on the homepage of your site, just put in links that take the customer directly to that product. Otherwise, or in addition to, have a link to your store that goes to:
http://www.QueerNQuirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi
That index.html file, in the 'bracelets/html' directory, can either look just like your site's home page or it can look a little different. You can include information about your company, your products, ordering instructions, etc...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
if you click on alink from a page outside of your store and you're getting a cart id (followed by numbers) then your link is wrong. if you've bookmarked the storefront or any other page in syour store then you probably have a cart id in the bookmark, and that is wrong. if you have a bookmark with a cart id in it then you should edit out the cart id or delete it.
the cart id is assinged to each visitor with a unique number. anytime someone enters the store with a cart id already defined there will be problems and can be a security risk.
for all link (and bookmarks) from outside of the store remove the cart id. for links within the store linking to places within the store (preceeded by agora.cgi) use cart_id=
for example...
from your home page to your storefront use...
<a href="http://www.queernquirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi"> Jewelry </a>

from your homepage to the bracelets category use...
<a href="http://www.queernquirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi?product=Bracelets"> Bracelets </a>

from your storefront to your bracelets category use...

<a href="http://www.queernquirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi?cart_id=&product=Bracelets"> Bracelets </a>

the cart id will be assigned and filled in by the store program.
there are other things you can use in the links but this is most basic and will prevent any errors.

regards,
dan

Thank you very much for that information. Where abouts do i go to make these changes? I understand what to do but not where to go and do them.

One more question... i have my homepage - www.QueerNQuirkee.com - and thats under a index.html and also the cart is under a index.html. Both are located in different folders and i am just very confused as how i will upload them both and have them overwrite one another. How am i going to do it??

Thanks
georgia

all pages outside the store folder with links into the store do not have the cart id (cart_id=&) in the link. so find all the pages with links into the store and eliminate any cart id or even the cart_id switch then upload. be sure to test all links to be sure they work!
even though the home page and the storefront are both named index.html they are seperated by several sub-directories. just be sure you not only are aware of the file and where it belongs on the server but that you have backups of all files you have edited.
regards,
dan

Because when i go to the default page it has www.QueerNQuirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi followed by numbers.

Georgia,
The numbers you are seeing are the cart_id. The cart id is unique to each visitor.
When you create links DO NOT use those numbers in the link, or everyone will have the same cart id.
You currently do not have any links on your site's homepage to the cart so you do not have this issue, outside the cart... and it appears that you don't have any hardcoded cart_id's in the store.

There is a cookie that is stored on your computer and, unless you clear cookies from your browser, you will get the same cart id and items in your basket/shopping cart will remain in there for 12 hours. After 12 hours, unless the order is completed, the basket/shopping cart will be deleted and then when you visit the store you will be assigned a new cart_id.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Hello Dan and Bonnie Very Happy Very Happy

Positive outcomes today - i figured out how to upload my homepage, have decided it will be a "welcome page". Sometimes when i upload though, some images are not there and it says in FileZilla up the top that it could not open the file. I do have to try a couple of times before it comes up.

I will take out the numbers when i add links to the welcome page.

So, i should clear out the cookies?

Thanks so much for your help
georgia

You didn't have any numbers in the raw html of the links,
so if they aren't in the raw html, there's no need to take them out.
Even if you clear cookies in your browser, when you reenter the store,
you will be assigned a new cookie and the numbers will appear again.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Ive been adding the links to my homepage but when i put them in like this:
<a href="http://www.queernquirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi?product=Bracelets"> Bracelets </a>
it doesnt work... if i put it in like this:
http://www.queernquirkee.com/bracelets/agora.cgi?product=Bracelets
without the <a href and </a> it all works fine.
Is what im doing alright??? Or must it be done the first way??

georgia

The proper linking in html is:

Are you testing it in the browser? Which browser are you using?
Looks like the site is down at the moment...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

I was putting the link in the wrong area Rolling Eyes
Its all working now

thank you
georgia

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1