The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Help needed for a total e-shop newbie. ;_;
Post Help needed for a total e-shop newbie. ;_; 
Is there anyone here who really knows Agora well, who knows HTML coding, and who is willing to take me step-by-step through setting up my shop? For some reason, I can pass C++ programming class with a perfect score, but once you get into the dynamics of building an online shop, my brain just collapses. Embarassed

Here's what I want:
I want to set up my shop so that it's run mostly off of the HTML site, but that has a database product list.

I want the main page to show a list of my products, with a drop down list of colors so you can choose which one you want, and an 'add to cart' button next to it, and a thumbnail of the item on the left. Then you can click the thumbnail or product title, and it'll take you to a page that has the product description, larger picture, and more pictures in the description; along with the 'add to cart' button and the drop down menu.

Then when you click 'add to cart', I want it to send you to the cart; and in the cart, I want the product to show (with the thumbnail picture) along with the option from the drop-down menu and the title and price.

Then when they check out, I want it to have all the necessary boxes, along with a radio button choice of payment types (money order/cashier's check, personal check, or etc.), their choice of shipping, and a comment box.

I don't want to actually have a Payment Gateway, however. I prefer to send my own invoices so I can keep track of the items sold, and so I can send the proper price for shipping, and not over charge or anything. @_@

Did I miss anything?

So, basically, I need to know how to set up the database and shopping cart in correspondence with my HTML pages. For reference, I'm using Dreamweaver 4 for my website creator, since it mixes WYSIWYG with HTML hand coding.

I looked in the help section, but I couldn't find anything that seemed to make any sense whatsoever. @_@

Thank you in advance to those who help. ^_^

You could sign up for 1-on-1 mentoring that would help you get your store going:
http://www.agoracart.com/proshop/agora.cgi?product=Tech_Support

Or you could post a job request to pay someone to set up your store for you at:
http://www.agoraXchange.com

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
The point of setting up an e-shop and asking for help here is that I have no money. So anything involving me spending what I don't have isn't very helpful. >.> Sorry.

True, but the degree of help you are requesting is more than this forum is here for.
The forum is not here to walk you through hand-in-hand, that is what the Mentoring program is for.
This forum is more help than a lot of the other shopping carts out there will give you.
If you have a specific question, then that is what this forum is for and we can help. You can search the forum since it is archived, to find answers to questions you have.
You will, also, need to read all of the documentation available for AgoraCart, which there is a lot.
There is a beginner's tutorial at:
http://www.allisonsonline.com/training/agora.cgi

There's online documentation on this site - navigation links are on the left under the "Help & Support" category.
There is documentation included with the cart distribution and can be found in the 'protected/DOCS' directory of the installed store.

If you're not willing to pay someone to help you, you will need to give yourself some time to learn about the cart in its default state. I would suggest that you not try to customize the cart much until you get a basic understanding of how the cart and manager behave and function.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
If you're not wanting to help me, then you don't have to reply to my post. As stated, I have gone through ALL the help materials, but that doesn't mean it actually 'helps.'

We do want to help, but the information that is available for FREE, is generally enough for the hundreds of AgoraCart users who do not pay 1 dime to the AgoraCart project.
I do not get paid to provide tech support, I volunteer my time as do the other moderators and non-moderators.
Taking you step-by-step through the process is a mentor/advisor program kind of thingy...

The beginner's tutorial, if read thoroughly and re-read will help with setting up the cart.
Give yourself some time to learn and understand it...

Have you installed the cart yet?
Have you set up the manager yet?
Have you been testing the cart to understand how it functions and behaves?
There is help on setting up "add to cart" buttons in this forum in the "Add to Cart/Buy Now Button" area....
If you let us know exactly what you have done with the cart and the next step you want to take perhaps we can help a little better. But, you can't expect us to take you step-by-step unless you want to pay for mentoring. Also, post the URL to your store so we can see what is happening in your installation of the store, it helps us pinpoint issues...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1