The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
automatic adding a 'view cart" button when i use a jump
Post automatic adding a 'view cart" button when i use a jump 
In my shop i can shop on 2 ways: http://www.janzerospec.com/shoppingcart/agora.cgi

BUT look at the example site for the logic of the view cart
and checkout buttons when you can shop there on 2 ways

(1) when i stay on the homepage( and stay there) i select a car via the jumpmenu on the mainpage=> there comes up a productgrouppage=> at the same time has been placed a button(vieuw cart) on the silver interface( the customer can go further with shopping ...)

So the jumpmenu( eventhandler) controls( i think) first a productgroup page and these( productgroup) again is a event for placing a button

Look at the example site( stay on the homescreen) because i do want first make this type of shopping ( you can shop on 2 ways)
http://www.k-motorsports.com/index.html

Well how to get this code for the buttonlogic and what programminglanguage?

doumawis Smile

Post Re: automatic adding a 'view cart" button when i use a 
Part1
Well i can try exactly copy the example shop: but i like also the standard silver interface ( the default Agora shop) and it is maybe more easy to program?
I like also the current position of the text of the shoppingcart : 'viewcart"
( left) and in the middle the price and "checkout"
So for the standard Agora shop there is one way of shopping: select a category ( product ) and go to database and order
This shopping procedure is reflected on the silverpanel( this programlogic is probably done via a agora script ( PERL?): i don't know yet one word of this server-sided language (from HTML, javascript, PHP , Delphi , maple, excel programming i do know some programmingconstructions)

Chances:For me i have to chance the currency in Euro and want have a sort of display for the text and the position of checkout has been more to the left

So far the standard Agora shoppingcart part on my shop! Because there is also a second way of shopping on my online shop

Part 2

shoppingmethode 2 : i stay on the intro screen and use the jumpmenu for looking at a car => a productgrouppage(HTML opens)( now the text: 'view cart" on the silverpanel must be possible to select( before the final choice of a product has been made by the customer( go to database) he/she must be able to look first in shopppingcart

Note: in my opinion, the choice of looking in the shoppingcart ( that button "view cart" must always be accesible) all the time in both shoppingmethods ( so always looking in teh shoppingcart: empty or not)
This seems to me a easy solution , because otherwise the jumpmenu in shoppingmethod 2 acts as a evenhandler for this text and for the productdatabase

Let me try to figure this first out : enhancement of the standard Agora shopping and it always possible to look in my shoppingcart. ( for both shoppingmethods)

Le tme try to finish the whole thing:
- always looking possible in the shoppingcart ( empty or not) for both shoppingmethods
- order products in shoppingmethod 2 : so for this i use the silverinterface and the output goes there ( like in shoppingmethod 1)

Is it clear what i want?
Look at the example site and my site to get a isdea of both shoppingmethods
The example site i don't want to copy ,but instead of that use the silver interface .

doumawis Smile

Third attempt: i give up the condition that always you canlook in shoppingcart ( by button "view cart") => if there is no product in shopping cart than there is no view cart button

So i use the same productsdatabase for both shoppingmethods and thus i have to made only one connection for each product on the productsgrouppage in shoppingmethod 2 to the categories ofthe database

make this sense?

doumawis Smile

Oke , but for that i do need a do " doublecombo" jumpmenu ?

I do use dreamweaver mx ( not 2004) and my documentation says nothing about a doublecombo jumpmenu . I need first to study the whole procedure for this type of jumpmenu: how do i get this double jumpmenu?

In shoppingmethod 2 you van choose a car and type ( so a double combo jumpmenu )

doumawis Smile

Well Idea : why not use a single jumpmenu ( temporary? or permanent?)
e.g
Car==Model ( first line)
Subaru- model WRX
Subaru- Gt

Ford - mustang-model xxx
Ford -corvette
Doumawis Smile

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1