The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Varying the page layout
Post Varying the page layout 
Hello,

I know that I can use productPage.inc to set the page layout, say 2 across or one across for example. But what if I want one set of products to display two across, and another set of products to display one across? Is there any way to do that? Thanks!

Bob

you'll have to hardcode the link to call the appropriate ppinc. for example:
<a href="agora.cgi?cart_id=&product=muffer bearings&xm=on&ppinc=1a"> Muffler bearings </a>

regards,
dan

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you said and it did not work. It still displays in the two across format. If I rename productPage-1a.inc to productPage.inc, then everything displays in the one across, but modifying the link as you suggested did not seem to have any effect on that page. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work, or am I missing something? Thanks for your help - it is much appreciated.

Bob

It was my problem. I must have somehow overlayed the productPage-1a.inc file with the productPage.inc file at some point. I was able to retreive the correct productPage-1a.inc file from a different installation I had done earlier, and the link works great now. Thanks to both of you for your help!

This brings up two more questions for me, though:

1. If I did not have another installation to go back to and retrieve that file, is there any way I could have downloaded a new productPage-1a.inc file?

2. It seems that with the one across format, when you add something to the shopping cart, I do not have the button inthe product display area for "View Cart." Any idea why? Thanks again.

Bob

Hi. I figured out my second question. I just copied the code for "View Cart" from the productPage.inc file and put it in the productPage-1a.inc file. Seems to work fine. Thanks!

Bob

1. If I did not have another installation to go back to and retrieve that file, is there any way I could have downloaded a new productPage-1a.inc file?

You can always download a fresh copy of the cart here at agoracart.com.

rmelnyk wrote:

2. It seems that with the one across format, when you add something to the shopping cart, I do not have the button inthe product display area for "View Cart." Any idea why? Thanks again.

Bob

You mean when it is just displaying the products?
If so, it is because that ppinc page is not set up to display those links.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
some of the ppinc files are used for specific purposes but not by the default store. they are mostly alternatives to the default ppinc.
if you need the viewcart link on a ppinc that doesn't have one the copy and paste the link from a ppinc that does.

regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1