The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Multiple Prices for single items
Post Multiple Prices for single items 
I have a couple of newbie type questions:

1. I am setting up a cart for a furniture store that has 4 different prices for each item. (which they told me about after i had set everything else up Mad ) Is there any way for Agora to accommodate this?

2. The company also breaks their shipping up into "zones", 3 of them. Is there a way to incorporate this as well?

Any help and/or advice you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Post Re: Multiple Prices for single items 
palabraman wrote:

1. I am setting up a cart for a furniture store that has 4 different prices for each item. (which they told me about after i had set everything else up Mad ) Is there any way for Agora to accommodate this?

Yes, it can be done through options files. I am assuming that there is an option to select that determines the price??
palabraman wrote:

2. The company also breaks their shipping up into "zones", 3 of them. Is there a way to incorporate this as well?

This can be done using custom shipping logic.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Yes, the prices are determined by the type of fabric that is chosen. How do the option fields interact to alter the price?

I will look into the shipping logic, thanks!

You can either start with a base price and then add $$ for the option or set the base price to 0 and have the option price the total amount for that fabric.

HTH!

Last edited by scottcrew on Fri May 06, 05 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
thios type of option is the most basic. being so the simple options editor is a great tool for setting up the basic option. then you can customize the look if necessary.
remember when doing options that add to the cost. it does just that. if you have the price set for the basic product then you set up the option to add to that price. so in this case the optione is the extra cost not the total cost. don't worry though, you'll see it. when you add the option then add to cart and the price is way high then you'll know what to do. LOL
regards,
dan

I have another question along this same line, is there anyway or any existing template out there to include an item that allows for multiple choices, all additive to the base price.

For example, I'm using the cart to price out catering orders for my restaurant and it works great for 99% of my products, I have manipulated some of the .pl and options files to accommodate some special needs not in the canned version, however I ahve come up with situation that has me somewhat stumped.

We do PIZZA, and as is the case with Pizza you can order a Pizza just Cheese, not a problem, but if you want to order a pizza with multiple toppings it can be a bit tricky. I'm looking for a template that allows me to set a base price and then allow the buyer to choose from an assortment of options, all additive to the base price.

For example: A cheese pizza priced at $9.99 with 12 possible toppings and they could choose any combination of the 12. Anybody have any thoughts out there on how to handle this type of situation?

set your cheese pizza price to 9.99 in the normal fashion.
do an option file with all of your extra ingredients and use the price field...
olives|.99 assigns 99 cents to the option
pepperoni|1.50 assigns $1.50 to the option
extra sauce| free/no extra charge. just leave the field blank after the pipe for no charge

be sure to make the options check boxes so multiple options can be selected. also, you can assign a unique ppinc to the pizza category. the reason for this is you can add html so the option lays out exactly as you want with the customized ppinc and the layout wont have ny effect on any other categories. this is great for things like this... lots of options. you can do almost anything you want; add pics to the option, add popups for more info, layout the options in three columns below the description so you don't have to stretch the page out vertically to fit in all ingredients.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1